*chapter fourteen* season 3

A/N: I'm literary writing another chapter after this lol. 

Chapter Fourteen ________________________________________________________________________________________

The most a woman could do was stand and cry.

But Cixi-yao had done more than that she'd taken her twisted fate, and done something with it. And now Arrin, had to fulfill the last step in her sordid plan. Not that he knew where it was going and how it would end. He had spent days trying to figure out what she had plan but as of yet, had nothing.

So as he crouched low beneath the thick snow covered brush of the mountain, and watched as the Crown Prince maneuvered his horse towards the main northern campsite he girded his loins to and pulled down the arrow and bow, breathing in slowly prepping himself to take the shot.

The snickering of the large beast the man rode, towards the encampment started to hesitate. Their large paws, scraping against the ground their heads nodding up and down. Sensing something was off, Arrin looked to where he knew Raki's army stood. His eyes narrowing when he noticed not a single one dared to enter the mountainous region.

Something wasn't right, and he knew it. His eyes swept over the valley, the high mountains sides to the deep reservoir, he could see nothing but then in his purview, he caught a twinkle of light. Jerking his head up, and narrowing his eyes on the red flickering light that was barely visible in the dense clouds that covered the tips of the high mountains he saw the flash of red again.

Knowing what it was, and sensing he didn't have enough time. He drew his arrow, and without hesitation and on a smooth exhale he shot. The bow hit the Crown Prince, he whole body jerking the soldiers around him seemed to freeze in shock, but they moved into action when the second one slammed into his stomach.

Just as they all surged forward, to defend and assist the prince. The explosion of snow and stone above them had their attention diverted.

In slight awe and disbelief, they all seemed to realize what was happening as a shout from Raki's soldiers caught Arrins Attention. Tossing the bow aside, Arrin moved his body a blur of black against the grey and white backdrop.

The Jun-kai soldiers, were in chaos some running other's attempting to reach the crown prince. Unhindered from their panic Arrin, jumped on the back of the Princes beast. Grabbing the reigns, he let the Prince slump against. Maneuvering the beast, Arrin turned it and took off flying recklessly down the side of the mountain seeing this. The other soldiers attempted to follow, some made it others fell from their horses.

The roar of the avalanche of snow swallowing their screams, Arrin didn't look back his only concern the Crown prince in his arms.

As the beast raised down the side of the mountain, he gritted his teeth tightening his hold on the reigns. He barely winced when the leather cut into his palms, after what felt like eternity they finally reached the bottom path, only five other soldiers landed behind him. Lifting a small black plaque, that had the glowing letter of the king on them he; he spoke. "I was sent in secret by the Crown Princess, to protect the Crown Prince. Follow me, we must return to the capital."