~Chapter Ten~ Season Two

A/N:....This is hard year for Cayla man~, fifteen more chapters to go...I keep eyeing my outline and thinking >.> how in gods name am I going write the final. 

____________________________________________________________________________________ 

A/N: Let the fight begin!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten

She held the long pole in her hand, the weight a comfort to her. How long had it been since she'd held her preferred weapon in her hand? She let her hands roam along the smooth wood. Her stomach tight, and her eyes observing her enemy across from her.

Battle, had been beaten into her by her uncle Avon. He'd gone against her father's words and dragged her out to the fighting grounds. She hadn't been afraid; her brothers had been there as well.

Being tossed to the dirt by the UZARK men, who had been ordered not to g softly on them. Every time their back hit the hard-packed earth, she'd winced but she had only so long to feel pity for them before Avon struck. Her stomach, then her chest, and then the end of his pole would crack across her face.

She'd fly hitting the ground rolling. When her brother had attempted to come to her six year old side, she'd lifted her hand glaring at them for thinking she was weak and unable to be trained. Just like all the other Trixians who sent their sneers and insults her way.

She was the blood of her mother, and her skin showed it.

"Do you think yourself capable of defeating me?"

The pompous question was asked by the man before her. His blue skin wasn't off putting, and his hair was long. He looked pampered in clean robes, and twisted lips. Cayla had done nothing but talk and use her brain in order to survive, for once she wouldn't use them.

Rushing forward, she used her hand, positioned on the back of the pole, to shoot it forward catching it with her right hand, she twisted her wrist and swung it towards his face.

He jerked his eyes towards it, jerking his up to counter only to stagger to the side at the weight of the blow. Surprised he looked at her, only to see Cayla taking a step back, whirling the staff in a circle, she stopped taking stance once again with both hands on the staff.

The crowd had sucked in a sharp breath at the sight of her martial ability. Rhan-wei and Hak-bi, eyes were both focused on her.

Ar-wei, straightened clearing his throat as he glanced at his father who didn't say anything. Feeling the sting embarrassment, he switched to offensive. Moving forward, he began swinging, moving with skill as he hadn't been lazy in his own training.