*Chapter Ten* Season Three

A/N: The next four chapters will be a lot fighting, lol obviously we got battle scenes, deaths, and betrayals.

Chapter Ten

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

The immediate action that Cixi-yao wanted in meeting the rebel leader was stalled.

She had wanted to meet with the rebel leader earlier in the week, but the oily scum she wished to capture had made it nearly impossible. His constant feasting, and parties were an effort to keep Rhan-wei distracted. Which, she explained to him; he needed to feign ignorance.

Luckily, she had Arrin on her side otherwise she would have spent another week trying to reach her goal. The town made it easier, as the patrols had kept even the darkest corners clear of crowds.

It had become a game of patience, luckily she won out.

"Let me go!"

The mayor's voice was at a near screech as he was carried down the low hill. Her back was to him, and her man who easily dropped him down with little carefulness. The groan of pain was cut short, when they jerked the hood from his head and shoved a rolled sock into his mouth. He made a sound of discontent, before his view was once again blocked by the black hood.

She glanced down at him, before looking at Arrin with amusement. "He wasn't trouble was he?"

Arrin shook her head, giving Cixi-yao a pained look. "Well depends, he was at one of the local brothels when we captured him." He gave Cixi a heavy look.

"...I see," shaking her head she watched as Min, dressed in male black colored robes, "Once the signal is lit, have the men return to the shadows it should only be use three here."

Arrin nodded, and moved over the group of soldiers to tell them her command. She'd earned the loyalty of a few of Rhan-weis guards, well placed gold often created smooth transactions.

Min returned to her side, and glanced at the male who began making pained noises once more. "Do you think he will agree with you plan?"

Cixi's eyes flashed, as her smile curled in a knowing smirk. "He'll be desperate to."

**

Ino wasn't a man for frivolities, in fact he'd always adhered to a series of moral codes; the death of his father and rape of his sister had changed everything. His royalty had been further betrayed, when the emperor hadn't immediately offered him the greasy mayors head. Heart sick for the tragedy that had occurred, he'd immediately turned his back on his oaths to the kingdom and taking his spear he'd moved to the woods and he had little intention of stopping his movement until he had the mayors head on a spike.