Chapter Twenty-four

Author: Welp...I know it's been a minute, Aye!! Well let me warn you, I wanted to give you guys some soft chapters before....* sighs* well enjoy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

"So-o, How old is this kid?"

Cayla asked, from where she stood watching the Yasha play with a toy that was shaped like a Pegasus. She'd been interested in checking on him, but had be derailed by Raven dramatic attempt at bringing them together. She shook her head at that, and entered the nursery.

The young woman who'd been siting in a rocking chair in the corner of the room, quickly stood at the sight of her. "Mirahe!" she knelt, bowing her head. "I wasn't aware you were coming to visit."

Cayla glanced at her, before she smiled, "I wasn't aware I was coming here either." She turned her eyes back to the child, who'd stopped in the middle of playing. His eyes landed and her, and before she could move forward to speak with hi, He stood and ran towards her. And she found little arms wrapped around her legs, and felt a slight surprise at her his approach.

She winced slightly, as his head had thumped her lower stomach.

"Princess?!" "Mirahe?!" she shook her head, lifting one hand she waved them back.

"I'm alirght," and resting her hand on his shoulder, she pulled back and knelt so that she could look inot his gold irises. She lifted hand an brushed it through the thick black curls. Her thands brushed against his short horns, and she couldn't help smiling as her eyes met his. "What's your name?"

His face screwed up in thought, and Cayla felt her heart melt. Damn it, she had a soft spot for kids, it was all her families fault for making her baby-sit all the time. "I think it's scamp..."

She blinked, "Scamp?"

He nodded, his hand reached for one of the dangling chains of her hair decorations. The sparkling diamond studs, catching his eyes.

She glanced at Arrin, a brow raised but Arrin was just as confused as she and shook his head. She turned her curious gaze to the nursemaid.

The women flinched, rising and lowered her head, "Replying, Mirahe...The boy is a probably one of the "thown" children, of the yasha."

"Thrown?"

The women flinched at the cold tone of Cayla's voice, "Do you mean to say...they throw away their childen?"

The woman glanced at her, before she lowered her gaze. Her hands squeezing together against her dark green apron. Before she gave a jerky nod, as her face paled.

Cayla hadn't realized she was standing, and glaring her eyes tinting purple. "What? Why?" she demanded her voice soft.

"T-they are very hard race," she explained, "They do not keep weak or deformed children, and if he," she motioned to the boy, who seemed to act like a particular loving cat as he pressed against Cayla's side. While Cayla on instince rubbed his head, and without thinking bent down and picked him up and set him on her hip. "was deemed weak, they probably set him out in the wood for nature to take him."