~Chapter Fifteen~ Season Two

Chapter 15

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Cayla wouldn't wilt here, she'd faced far worse and all from the hands of the people surrounded her. She lifted her chin, "It's simple, you give me a chance to prove my innocents and if I cannot, I will take my punishment."

The emperor glared down at her, lifting a hand cutting off the yells of complaint against her. He weighed her, and lifted his chin his arrogance returning. He descended to steps, "I will allow it, only to end this farce and send you Gut, our god of death."

She lifted slightly, and smiled baring her teeth, "Indeed," she motioned for her Hwebi to move forward. "The proof is simple, I was gifted this tea leaves from the young princess as a gift of friendship, but the brew is too strong if you do not first soak them in the roots of the Gilly Tree to lighten them, the re-dry them. After such a process, they hold not only a pleasant scent but are also, sweeter than the average lotus leaves."

The emperor nodded his expression remaining cold and empty. The Royal Consort Gun-ho, tightened her hand upon her handkerchief, Cayla didn't smile. After all, how could such a soft, and pretty woman, who'd never lifted her hand know anything of brewing and...chemistry.

She reached over, and lifted the louts leaves from the bag, "These are some soaked by Gilly root, if you wish you may have someone smell them."

The emperor motioned for his royal Eunuch to, go forward. The man walked towards her, reaching forward he lightly picked one up and sniffed it. Before he nodded, turning he bowed before speaking, "It's is as she said, they smell of Gilly Root."

Pei-Wu, took the lotus flower and smelled and nodded, his eyes narrowing. "Yes, and what does this prove?"

Cayla pointed at the trey, "this leaves, hold no scent of Gilly at all, only the bitter smell of poison remains."

"Of course it wouldn't, if you re-soaked them, they would hold the stronger scent of the poison," A now standing Hak-bi spoke out, he glared at her. "You were clever to point this out, but this only proves your mind far crueler to have this excuse ready."

Cayla didn't hold back her laughter this time, letting her head fall back, she laughter filled the court. Causing all the shift uncomfortable, her laughter mocked the prince. She looked at him, after recovering brushing a tear from her eye. "I am not so clever Prince Hak-bi," she turned her attention once more to the Emperor, "but there is something most do not know about lotus flowers. She lifted the poisoned lotus leaves and twirled it between her fingers, "They do not take on another liquid, even when left to soak for the day. A lotus leaf once soaked, and taken out, will not take one anything else."