Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Someone asked for a picture of Arrin....and I think I've already posted one of Boshik, so here is Arrin.

and I think I've already posted one of Boshik, so here is Arrin

"Urgh! I'm tired!"

Arrin watched as Cayla let herself fall backwards onto her bed, her arms were spread wide and her skirts had fallen back to show her knees. She released another groan, "Urgh! I just want to go home—!" She flapped her legs and arms, before she suddenly stilled and lifted her hand.

Her fingers were spread, and the shadow fell on her face. Her brow furrowed and her eyes darkened, "I...just want to go home," she whispered before, dropping her arm and lifting up,she tilted her head, her eyes slightly squinted. "I'm pathetic," she added, dropping her gaze away from Arrin, looking at the tips of her shoes, "I should be like my older sister, I should be fighting and causing chaos until they kicked me off this planet, but..." she trailed off, her expression complicated, "...I'm not like her, I'm not as brave. I'm only good at talkin—," "No!"

Reaching out, Arrin placed his hands on her shoulders forcing her to look up at him. He knelt so that they stared into each other's eyes. The deep dark browns, and the golden flecked eyes clashed. "You have been nothing but brave Princess," he said his voice harsh, "where I come from there is no Nobel who would willingly speak on the behalf of a servant. In fact it can be said that my owner would have had me killed," he shook his head, "Princess, you have yet to show a cowardice. I felt nothing but pride as I watched you defend me before their elite. I will not let you call yourself a coward, princess."

Cayla lashes fluttered as she lifted a hand covering his, tears slowly filled her eyes, "...but I was so scared," she admitted through trembling lips, her hands was shaking, "I was so scared that the only person who I knew, who I trusted would die and I wouldn't be able to do anything." Speaking changed into a sob, and threw herself at Arrin, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I-I can't do this alone, I have to be strong Arrin...but I've never had to be strong before." She cried as she buried her head in his chest.

Arrin, who'd stilled when she'd thrown herself at him, his arms melted eventually. He realized how close the princess resembled his sister. Lowering his arms, he pulled her closer and rested his chin on her head. Moving one arm, he slowly rubbed at her back. "...It's alright, I'm here princess. I'm here."

Cayla burrowed closer to him, she had promised herself she wouldn't cry but when she'd finally regained at least one ally in her court she hadn't know  how hard it was to pretend to be strong. After a few a minutes, she pulled away from Arrin. Feeling slightly embarrassed, she sat back on her haunches and rubbed at her eyes, turning her face away from him.

"I'm sorry," she muttered, finished brushing away her tears she finally faced Arrin. "I will no longer show such a weak face to you," her expression hardened as her eyes glinted, "Arrin, our current mission is survival. We must protect those who've been brought with us, but also insure that we, ourselves, can come up with a plan that can return everyone home, in order to do so we must learn everything we can about these people, culture and..." she paused, her cheeks growing hot as her eyes drifted away from Arrin, "...And, and—."