Chapter Thirteen

Raki

As the dust settle Cayla found her hopeful expression dimming as she stared into the face of a fierce dragon

As the dust settle Cayla found her hopeful expression dimming as she stared into the face of a fierce dragon. A dragon that decorated a large shield, slowly it lowered as she dropped her own weapon.

"I do not believe it is fair for our Soki to take the full brunt of your anger," Blue eyes met her confused stare, "As he is not the only one who mated with you in the elysian fields. I am also one who claimed you, Breeder."

For a minute as she watched the male lower the shield fully, his platinum blonde hair a bit wilder than it was when she'd first met him. Cayla couldn't help feeling the urge to fix it, but she ignored her mind catching on to his statement.

"You-," she said lowly, attempting to swallow over the lump in her throat, "You also..." the look of abject pain on her face caused both males to stiffen. It was their way, the strongest prevailed. Her males had been incompetent and unable to protect, it was only right she be claimed by them. Yet, now as she stood before them, her hair wild about her head. Her arms trembling as she slowly released her hold of the weapon, they felt the stab of guilt in their chest.

She couldn't have hated the two men any more than she did now.

She wanted to run, she wanted to get as far away from the two males as possible. She avoided their gaze and went to turn, but then the oddest thing happened. A pain so mindboggling and teeth clenching hit her hard, crying out, as she hadn't been prepared for it ; she fell to her knees.

The males she'd been meaning to run from, rushed to her side each tossing away to the items in their hands.  They reached her quickly, she tried to avoid their touch, but the pain grew too excruciating, to the point she couldn't breathe. Reaching out, her hand touched Raki's arm, as she felt the other male rest his hand on her neck, suddenly the crushing pain was slightly alleviated bringing relieved tears to her eyes. As Raki lifted her in his arms, she curled towards him, temporarily seeking comfort from the experience she'd just endured.

By the time her mind was clear, she was being carried back inside away from the training grounds. She remained silent, as she slowly realized what had happened. She didn't believe it, couldn't believe it but having been trained about the solaria by her grandmother, and knowing she, herself, carried a more potent form of it. Cayla couldn't ignore the truth for long, and even if she wanted to for now, she would soon have to face what her Solaria had done without her consent.

**

"What do you mean?!"

Urianna glared at the commander who'd arrived on her husband's planet with urgent news. She sat on her throne,  the eldest prince stood beside her. She narrowed her eyes on the male, "Repeat your words..." she nearly hissed.

The soldier gave a shiver at the weight of the Queen's gaze on his back. He squeezed his eyes, trying to fight the continued trembling. Sweat coated his skin, he'd argued with his commader on having to be the messenger. Everyone knew how ruthless the Keehan Queen could be, she did not abide the ill treatment of women and had been known to murder men on the spot if they went against her orders.