~Chapter Five~ Season Two

A/N:.....Don't cry too much...it's bad yet.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Five

Having been escorted from the main hall, Cayla quietly awaited in a room. Her hands clasped tightly in her lap.

The guards stood in the doorway along with a few female servants. The silence was only broken by the occasional screech of a passing bird outside of her window. Lifting her gaze from her curled fingers to the outside, the clouds were dark-grey color. The smell of rain shifted the curtains. Breathing slowly Cayla grew so still, her eyes so focused that she could see the shifting of the clouds as they turned slowly.

Her skin goose bumped from the cooling air. Time dragged on and soon she even doubted the realty around her. Was she really here?

It didn't feel like it. She was so numb, her heart felt like it barely beat. Too much had happened in a such a short time. Her stomach clenched abruptly, jerking a hand up she pressed it against it. Gritting her teeth against she tried to slowly exhale to loosen it.

No, her Solaria was ever so ready to bring her back to earth.

Raki and Boshik had not come.

"...I'm okay." Her lips seemed to move automatically to assure someone who wasn't there to hear it. No cared what she thought, they didn't care if she wanted to be in a triangle love relationship. No one cared if she wanted to be used as political chess piece or not.

Before she realized it she breathlessly laughing, as she brushed a piece of hair from her cheek. She was the only one who thought she mattered. No matter how smart she was, or how logically she knew that maybe Raki and Boshik had been prevented from coming. Yet, there was a part of her who resented them not storming the palace for her.

A silly, girlish part of her who knew better than to believe in Pegasus's and unicorns. There was no one here, or on their way to save her.

She would have to do It herself.

"Princess, you've been summoned to the field. The man are ready to being the competition."

Pulled from her deep thoughts, Cayla gave a shot nod rising gracefully with the help of the servant. "I'm ready." She would do what was needed to gain a chance at freedom, if that meant playing the role of lover she would do it. After all...she had no one to whom she owed loyalty.