Chapter Seventeen

"...My daughter has been taken."

Ivan knew it wasn't a question the empress had asked. He, she, member of the Dalia alliance and her husband, were all seated at the long "zipper" table. Above floated planets, and coordination's to possible area of the universe that the kidnappers could have gone.

For Ivan it was his first time seeing the empress in her formal wear, the crown she wore was simple but with her current mood it merely added to weight of her entire authority.

"The Astorian have given their version of events, it seems that he ships were merely hours from their main planet before it was attacked. They assumed at first that it was a group of Astorian pirates, and were readying their troop for a counter attack and retrieval but they soon realized that they were facing an unknown military force." Ivan explained, glancing at the Asotrian governor who hadn't spoken. His nearly black eyes, an Astorian trait; didn't give anything away, but he noticed them shift away slightly when Ivan mentioned their attempt to fight.

Though Ivan had given up a few of his dirty tactics, he wasn't above lying to keep his in-laws from slaughtering the Astorian governor. From what Ivan had learned from the messanger, the Astorian general hadn't been willing to waste his man for "Galx pussy". Ivan didn't wish to make their attempt in finding Cayla, a reason to start a galactic war.

"Is that so—," Aine drawled, his blue eyes sharpening on the Astorian, he leaned forward. His brother Avon stood behind him. His metallic like eyes, and bright smile not causing the tension in the room to melt in the least. "...I've intel that the Astorian didn't do anything," his voice was silky, as he glanced at the dark-skinned prince from the Vassa Sector. The male shifted in his bluish-white robes, the jewel green color of his eyes a deep river color. "but I didn't dare believe, that a country, no, a planet. That asked for our women, our human, beddable women wouldn't fight for my daughter's safety?"

"I-I wouldn't believe such rumors, emperor," The prince stuttered, looking to Ivan for help. "It-it wouldn't be diplomatic."

"Diplomatic!" Ivan exclaimed, leaning back his large frame seeming to tense even more. He released a bark of laughter, "Nor! What of human decency?" He cast from one man to another, his eyes color growing whiter and voice rougher, "To not let a man's DAUGHTER DIE?!" He slammed his fist onto the table, resulting the loud sound of something cracking. The image above startled before it became grainy flickering and out. "what of that?" he demanded, his expression pained.

"Aine," The empress said easily, her voice hard and her expression showing nothing. "I believe Urianna was interested in showing you the triplets ability with a sword and staff?"

Ivan was impressed when not only the emperor stilled her speaking, but rose followed by his own queen. Uri leaned forward pressing her lips to his cheek, before moving over to her fathers side and resting a hand on his shoulder. "Mother is right, the triplets have been truly biting at the bit to see you. And Shelby has been eager for you to teach him how to play the piano...though I've told him you're not so great at it."

Soon they both had left, followed by a few of the soldiers who stood along the wall. Avon moved behind the empress, who after taking a deep breath spoke to them all.

"I've been thinking," she started, her voice soft and melodious pulling their attention in. "a few years ago, my eldest was taken by a person against her will and I found out after she'd been gone for at most 6 months." She didn't look at Ivan when he flinched, but continued steadily, "When I found out, I did what most mothers do...I cried, I screamed, hell I did everything that a mother could do when she had no power and no weapon to point at her childs enemy. It broke something in me, and I thought of things, I never thought I would. Luckily, my eldest was recovered and she is now your queen."