*Chapter Twelve* Season 3

A/n: And the battle begins. 

Chapter 12

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sounds of the two babes filled the nursery. The nannies talked amongst themselves of how kind Cixi-yao, was for taking in the green-eyed baby from its dead mother.

The story had brought many to admire the Nobel princes consort, she was not only beautiful and smart but kind. She had taken the reigns of the compound after the Nobel grandmother had grown weak and remained most within her own lodgings.

The servants knew as long as they followed the rules and kept to their duties, they would be well rewarded. The babies were kept in the room, next to the consorts. Which brought the Nobel son after his duties to her quarters, it was clear to all that the prince loved his consort. She was the name he first spoke every morning and the last before he would retire into her quarters.

The only one who didn't seem to have fallen into her web was Rhan-wei's uncle, who watched her with a shrewd eye.

"She has too much control," He said from where he stood in the window, watching Cixi-Yao as she laughed with the female's servants at the babies in high cribs. "With your grandmother now staying to herself, she also controls the inner house funds. You will need to find another Official spouse."

"Noble uncle, you worry over much," Rhan-wei said from where he stood behind his desk, over looking the map of the border islands. "Cixi, has only taken on responsibilities left to her. Your fear is unreasonable."

"Is it?" Noble Uncle asked, as he turned to face Rhan-wei, "She visited your Ur-chaou and gifted her sticks, stick! And with in her pregnancy, she kept to herself and barely ate until every single stick had been inserted into her food. She drove herself mad, until she lacked even the mental strength to keep alive! If she is not to be blamed, who is?"

Rhan-wei had lifted his gaze from the map to his Uncle and frowned. "Do not act as if I can not tell good from evil, and Cixi-yao is no such thing. If she was truly wicked, would she not have strangled my son by now?"

His voice was shrewd and his eyes hard, "She has a cunning mind, and yes, let us say she drove Ur-chaoiu to her death. Then, are you saying you are not relieved to have lost that ball and chain to shun-wei. The minister of war, was never my ally nor was his daughter the woman I wished to marry.'