*Chapter Eleven* Season Three

Chapter Eleven

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Laying in her bed, Cixi-yao body shook from the fever racking her body. Min tried to cool her down, as sweat coated her skin. Her breathing was rattled as she stared blankly at the canopy of her bed.

"Mistress, allow us to call a doctor!" Min pleaded.

Cixi shook her head, her eyes narrowing, "No need, there isn't anything they can do for me." She said as she rested her right hand over her stomach.

"Cayla, you need to tell him." Hearing her old name she turned her head and looked at Arrin. Who stood behind Min, holding a brass bowl with cool water. He stared at her with worry, "You may be suffering because of it."

"And what do I tell him?" she asked, "That I bear his child, but I've no intention of staying. That I'll tear his world down, and just...leave?"

Arrin lowered avoiding her earnest gaze, "...I know little of your plan, but," he lifted his eyes showing sympathy. "Don't you think it's time for you to rest."

The silence permeated in the room between them, until Cixi-yao finally spoke. "Min, leave us."

"But, Madame-," "Leave."

Reluctantly, Min rose shooting Arrin an annoyed look. The woman should know when to leave, but instead she'd pushed her mistress to rise. Irritated Min, shut the door wishing she could know what the two needed to speak alone about.

After the door shut, Cixi moved her eyes to Arrin. "I thought you agreed to follow me, no questions asked?"

"I don't wish to question you, but the woman I knew, no the girl I met she wouldn't have done these things," he said, moving to her side and he knelt setting the bowl and cloth by his side. "The trixian's are ruthless indeed against their enemies, but your plan also hinges on you sacrificing yourself." He dipped the cloth into the water and lifting it he squeezed. "I don't believe anyone in your family would be pleased with this." He said this as he laid the cool cloth on her forehead.

Cixi contemplated his words before she responded. The end game was indeed a ruthless bid for something, she had envisioned someone else doing. Everywhere she looked she saw only enemies, and no roads home. Was she doing the right thing? Was it her right to have revenge, but then she felt the phantom sting of an arrowhead hitting her shoulder.