Chapter Six

"We are honored to have you aboard our star-ship during this voyage, Princess Cayla."

Giving a nod to the Captain, Cayla moved her way deeper into the control room. She couldn't help showing her obvious excitement. Though she tried by keeping her lid low, and chin raised. She was thankful her mother had merely packed her semi-formal clothes, not the full regalia that called for something her grandmother often wore. A big puffy skirt made of silk, a tighten silken wrap underneath made it hard to breath, and then a coat sewn with the emblem of the royal family caused the over coat to be stiff. The sleeves were at precise length to cover the knuckles of the fingers.

Instead her mother had packed the modified version, and simple skirt that was lined with the emblem of flying bluebirds, the white skirt was slightly puffy but not by much. An all blue silk blouse she wore, had short sleeves, and the back was tied with a ribbon of light blue coloring. Her slippers were only raised by two-inches, so she could still walk.

Giving a nod to the pilots, who wore modified uniforms of green and black. Cayla realized that most of them had to be military.

Donning a mona-lisa smile she asked, lightly motioning to them, "It seems your company employs those still active, is my assumption correct?"

Seemingly flustered by her sharp observation, the Captain sputtered, "Y-Yes, it was a part of agreement for space travel, that military soldiers be used as security and flyers."

"Oh," she said, absently, focusing on the captain she gave him a reassuring smile, "Do not worry, I was just curious, and what is your name, I didn't quite catch it when you first introduced yourself."

Straightening, the Captain form became rigid, "Jameson Rogers, mam!" Cayla didn't laugh it his pomp, his was an attractive male, in a next-door neighbor way. He had kind green eyes, and a crooked noise that wrinkled when he smiled.

"At ease," she said in mock seriousness, looking around the large room with blinking lights and people moving every which way. All appearing to know what their job is, she sighed and glanced at her accompanying 'maid'. She'd been more than shocked, when she'd looked for Arrin, only to find a young-woman who looked the same age, with pecan colored skin, golden flecked eyes and braided hair sitting on his bed, in his outfit that made him look like character from a fantasy video game.

He'd even gone so far as to dress up, in a simple short gown of dark purple and light silver. The wimple that came with it, only revealed the tail end of his dark braids. "It seems we are free to visit the other women now."

Hearing this, Jameson stepped forward, "Are you sure Princess, they-they are not the most appropriate company I believe."

"I am grateful for your concern, but," Cayla said, smiling in the face of his caution, "I am going to be handing them over to a species, men, that we cannot be sure we'll treat them appropriately, aside from a piece of paper. It would be laxing of me as their monarch to not check, and at least thank them for their courage."

With that said, she turned her attention to the rest of those in the control room, "I would like to thank you for all you are doing, and for you allowing me, and the civilians on this voyage. Thank-you on behalf of my father, and our people." Giving a short bow, she turned and left, Arrin quickly following behind.

"I do not think the emperor would want you to meet with the prisoners," he whispered, as he walked alongside her. His voice was oddly, not as annoying even though it felt like he'd spoken right in her ear.

"No, he wouldn't." She said, as they stopped before an elevator, lifting her pass she pressed against the scanner waiting for it to change color. When it changed, she glanced at Arrin, "But my father also says one should what they feel is right."