Chapter Sixteen

A few hours before...

He stilled the minute he regained consciousness, Arrin hadn't known whether he would awaken after enduring such a fierce energy. Even now he could feel that his body had been roughly used, keeping his eyes closed his brow creased as he slowly let his senses stretch beyond him. Feeling that he was alone, he slowly pushed himself up as he turned over so that he was sitting up he brushed his hair out of his face, and took in the tall ceiling and elaborate golden cubid like creatures that crawled along the wall. The pale blue wall coloring an attempt to depict the sky, moving his eyes naturally down the wall to the large chamber.

The room he occupied could fit five bathrooms, it's been separated easily by the arrangement of furniture. His fingers curled into the silk sheets, and as his mind sharpened so did his ability to take in attributes that would help him in his escape.

The bed was high off the floor and king sized, glancing to his side he could see that someone, the person who'd taken him in woods; he assumed, had already vacated the bed.

Lifting the blanket, he tossed it aside and ignoring the pull in his thighs and feminine area he moved his legs over the edge and stood at the top of the short steps, glancing down he frowned, he would need to cover himself as he was still female, he was going to have to make sure he sent his complaints to the head of science, though he wasn't sure the mad man would listen to him.

Descending the four steps, he walked quickly across the floor over to what he assumed was a dresser, reaching out he grabbed ahold of the angel shaped handles and pulled. Grimacing who ever had decorated this chamber, had a whole other level of taste that went beyond him.

Seeing a crowd of gowns that seemed to have been shoved inside, he frowned thoughtfully, before reaching for what seemed to be the simplest. A white shift, grabbing it he jerked it out and quickly pulled it out.

As of right now, he didn't have to luxury to deal with the...mating, he had a singular mission and that was to protect the princess. He would deal with his own problems when a chance arose, but he was a warrior first.

As he turned to head towards the double doors, that appeared to be the exit. He paused when he heard voices, pausing he quickly looked around the chamber for a weapon. Spotting a letter opener, on the delicate writing desk, pushed under the window he quickly rushed over and grabbed it, before coming back over to the door to confront whom eve it was that was about to enter.

He braced himself, an hid his hands behind his back so that he appeared to simply looking around.

The doors opened with a shuttering force, if he'd been sleeping it would have alarmed him, but as he was standing there it didn't faze him.

What fazed him was the male and the guards that stood behind him, his eyes narrowed as he took in the long black hair, and black like armor that seemed to cover some of the male's neck. While he wore a black uniform, and didn't appear too inhuman, the black armor made it clear he was also alien.

The male's eyes widened on him, seeming to be just as shocked at his appearance in the path of the doorway, "You—!"

"Me," Arrin repeated with a deadpan stare, he glanced around not affected by the sight of guards that were behind the male, "...I would assume you've come for me," he turned his steady brown eyes back to the male.

The male recovered, his stiff chin lifting as he stood at ease, his expression chilling. "...I have, you are cause of great issue, and it seems you have no fear either of the repercussions of what you've done."

What he'd done? Arrin looked at him in confusion, "What I have done?" he repeated, feeling as if he should be insulted, "And tell me what is it I have done?"