*Chapter Nine* Season three

Chapter Nine

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The gates of the Ke'Rin were guarded by ten guards, who all wore full armor with a symbol of a lion on the breast. They were denoted by this symbol, as they were apart of a group of warriors who were trained and famed for being considered the most powerful. Ten average soldiers equaled one elite warrior.

The spears were attached to their backs, as they kept their eyes focused on the distant hills. While below 13 soldiers manned the gate itself. Checking those coming and going for their papers and comparing their faces to posters of wanted criminals.

Cixi watched the process from within her carriage, her eyes turning to Min and Arrin, who'd changed clothes form her usual outfit of leggings and long shirt, strapped with leather bands to hold her short blades. She wore a green garb, to appear as the other maids who accompanied Cixi.

"This group of bandits must be far more special than Rhan-wei was told," Cixi mused aloud, as she gently waved her fan so that she was cooled. "To have not one, but ten elite guards posted at the gates means this ma not be such an easy mission."

"Surely, Madame has nothing to fear with Noble Husband protecting you," Min said brightly, "Madames husband is the strongest no lowly bandit could possibly defeat him."

Arrin, whose eyes were focused on his knees; "No one can be sure of victory," he lifted his eyes so that he met Cixi's shrewd gaze, "Madame, do you wish for me to investigate?"

"Yes," Cixi smiled, leave it to Arrin to understand her wishes before she gave voice to them. "I want to know just who these 'Bandits" are, and whether or not they will be useful to me."

He gave a short nod.

Cixi used the edge of the fan to move the curtain aside, to see the people who were moving sluggishly. Some moved with energy, but the rest appeared to almost be in a daze. "I've heard that Ke'rin is a place of cheerfulness, and a bright heart. Yet, all that I've seen move as if the weight of the world is upon their shoulder," she pursed her lips, noticing almost immediately the number of patrols that seemed almost too excessive even for the capital it would have been too much, "Something tells me we've found something interesting, let us see what secrets' Ke'rin have."

**

The Palace

The lit candle flickered, as the wind brushed aside the yellow curtains to reveal Lu-yi. Her head resting upon the nude chest of the crown prince. Her eyes fluttered open, as she slowly rose from where she laid. Her movements soft and quiet, as she slipped from the bed and grabbing her robes she didn't awaken her enunuch and instead stepped lightly form her hall. And moving through the courtyard, she gave a cursory look around before she followed the sound of chimes.