*Chapter Seventeen* Season 3

@MykelaBrown Here you go!!

Chapter Seventeen

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sleep.

Over the years it had alluded her, her eyes would close, and her breathing would grow soft. And yet the dreams were filled with the cries of her dead child, that she could never sleep for long. And when she awoke, her lashes lifting and the blurry sight of a ceiling of plane white overhead.

Cayla feared that she'd been sleeping the entire time.

Everything had been her dream, she was still on the ship towards Astoria. Her hands didn't move, her body felt heavy.

And the fear surged, had she done everything only to be locked in the halls of the sand man.

Her finger curled as she jerked up, her eyes frantically searching the room. Ignoring the pain running through her body, she sung her legs over the bed and ran to the door.

Banging against the door, she felt her panic increase. "Hello?!" Slapping her hands against it, she shook her head in disbelief. "Help!"

The door opened abruptly taking her by surprise. She staggered back, her eyes widening as her eyes fell on buckled boots, that led up tapered legs to a face she remembered so well.

Her eyes welled with tears, as she stared in disbelief.

"...Jahen?" She whispered his name, scared that what she was seeing was nothing more than a vision. "Jahen?" she called his name once more.