~Chapter Eleven~ Season Two

A.N. : Man life of an author, and clerk get in the way. Lol anyway, enjoy this beauty. 

It was done.

Standing in the center of Rhan-wei's tent Cayla stared ahead, her eyes unseeing as she came to grips with her actions the night before. She had lain when the enemy, willingly. But it was the only way to gain her freedom. Her chest tightened, before it settled once more. Her solaria had given her the leave to do it, she no longer felt the pain of betrayal writhing in the pit of her stomach.

"Gui-Fie, the general has sent a message." She turned only her head, and looked down upon Hwe-bi, who held up a flat piece of what looked like jade. The surface briefly flashed white, before letters cut across it, delicate and perfect lettering.

She let her eyes read across it before she looked forward, "He wishes for me to return to the palace?"

"Yes, Gui-Fie. He believes it would be best, as he doesn't wish for the empress to be upset by your presents." Hwe-bi, kept her head down, not looking up during her entire explanation.

Staring at herself in the tall mirror, Cayla could only feel detached as she nodded knowing her plan. "I will return, and...the princess?"

The silence after her question, gave her all the answer she needed. Now that all knew who she truly was, she wouldn't be allowed to be anywhere near the royal children. Somewhere in her heart there was pain at that knowledge. It was odd, she had desired to remain a bit in the days of caring for the young girl who was starved for affection, just as she was starved for a friend.

Closing her eyes, she let the silence swallow her as the servants continued their work of dressing her. In the new robes, the dark green colored fabric, was lined with golden needle point in shapes of falcons in midflight. The heavy fabric held together by the wide belt in the center. Her hair was braided and looped in circles, with simple pieces of ivory in the shape of lotus. The symbol of the prince was hung from her belt.

As she turned her sleeves brushed the ground, she laid her hand atop the Hwe-bi's as she was lead from the confines of the tent. The sun light touched her skin, as she inhaled the fresh scent of the air. She felt the stir of tension as she exited and lifted her eyes she found men standing across in their armor. Their eyes were filled with something she wasn't accustomed to, admiration, desire and respect.

Had she changed so much from the young girl, who'd chased her brothers across the land of their summer home. As she lifted her chin, she was followed by her servants and the soldiers to her carriage. The long walk to the area of carriages and horses, brought more attention than she desired.

She could feel the eyes of those who were both curious and scared of her, a foreigner.

As she moved she heard her name. "Cay-la!"