|Dallas|

This one for my sorta awkward and nervous girls cause we are one and the same. And also dw abt it, boys really aren't shit

Also, I'm editing all of my chapters so this is just a different version of the original story from like the sixth grade.

"Good afternoon," You chirped earning a grunt from Steve who was under a car. A dashing smile rose from Soda who was counting the register money.

"Ready to take my shift?" He said planting his palms down on the counter as he gave you a teasing look.

You tapped on your watch indicating that you still had ten more minutes before clock-in time.

You are a counter girl, but you help with the cars when they need it. It's such a hassle though, most guys don't dig it when a girl works on their car. It's almost as if you cut off their-

The bell of the shop rang, and the door slammed shut.

Dally trotted in and made his way to the magazines, a smirk on his face. You watched silently from behind the counter next to Soda. He didn't seem to notice you two as he looked through the playboys.

Soda kept his smile on his face and his laughter down. To be honest it was quite uncomfortable as he chuckled and gawked at the magazines. He was facing away from you what was seen is his finger tracing the models.

"Gee, Dal I uh...didn't take you for much of a reader," you spoke with unease. His head peaked up from the book and he looked over. For the first time in your life, you saw his cheeks turn rosy.

"Curtis you'd think you'd be in the right mind to tell me she was spyin'!" He growled putting the literature back.

"She wasn't spying Dal," is all Soda said before he went to clock down. Dally looked at you rolling his tongue over his teeth. He shrugged,

"I'll never be right. They're always gonna defend you huh?" He looked out the glass windows. Steve was watching from the car and gave him an obviously forced smile.

You didn't answer him. Truth is you didn't really like his character all that much. Though, it was hard because he was pretty kind toward you. But, you've seen the way he's treated others, and you just couldn't handle the thought of it.

"What? So you don't talk now or something?" He furrowed his eyebrows. The only way he knew you were because of Steve who got you this job. You used to tutor him and in return, he introduced you to the gas station.

You forgot he asked you a question. He simply just looked at you like you were crazy and went along through the small aisles.

You went to clock in while Soda left for the day.

"I'll see ya tomorrow alright y/n," he spoke as he dipped out the back room. You took your sweet time putting your work shirt on and listening to some of the music that was playing. You figured since everyone was out of the shop you didn't have to really show yourself.

After about 10 minutes you went to check on things. You were shocked to see Dallas still there, behind the register.

"Hey what are you doi-"

There he stood money clenched between his fist and shoving it into his pockets. Oh, shoot.

You began to panic,

"I uh, Dallas what are you..." what were you even saying. You knew exactly what he was doing! He didn't even look up from the money.

"Stealing! What does it look like I'm doing?" He grumbled.

Oh, Jesus. Your heart began to pound and you remembered what Soda told you about de-escalating the situation.

Awkwardly you ran over to him and placed your hands over his. You don't know if he was having some sort of manic episode or something. Who steals right out in the open?

Softly you guided his fingers off the money and it easily slipped out of his hands. You felt his eyes burning into you, it was then you realized he wasn't stealing. You kept your gaze down and waited to see what he did. He grabbed your hand and took it in his. Your cheeks flushed and you felt relief that he wasn't robbing you.

"I just wanted to see what you'd do," he whispered softly. You managed to allow yourself to look up at him. And he watched you like you were something completely new and foreign. "You just act all quiet all the time I wanted to see something else you know?" He let go of your hand and helped you pick up the money that was around.

Your mind was buzzing and you were beyond confused. He didn't say anything after, he only flipped his pockets out to show he didn't take any money and left.

The next day though, he was waiting when you got there. He was talking to Steve and then followed you inside as you passed.

"Hey, can I talk to ya for a minute?" He said.

You truly didn't understand how to act. If you sorted through your feelings about him, maybe you would know to be mean or be a friend but you truly didn't. You nodded your head and slipped behind the counter. He popped himself next to the register,

"Look I know you don't have a boyfriend or nothing like that. So, you know I'm really trying here to get to talking with you," he was silent for a moment, thinking. "If you don't dig me just tell me and I'll leave you alone,"

"You robbed me Dallas," you couldn't help but smile. A cheeky smile came from him too and he shook his head chuckling. It went back to silence before he said,

"You know, I couldn't stop thinking about what you did yesterday. When I was taking the money, you didn't beat me with a broom," he laughed. "I liked the way you touched me,"

Your cheeks were burning and you made a face.

"What you don't remember?" He plopped off the counter and walked towards you. Placing his hands over yours. "You went like this," and slowly he rubbed his fingers over your knuckles. You busted out laughing

"Dally I was taking money out of your hands you geek," you laughed. He looked in the back of you and there Sodapop came out from the back. You dropped your hands from his and went to clock in quickly. Sodapop followed you into the back,

"You sure you want me to leave you here with him?" He whispered. "I can call Steve and we'll get him to leave,"

You shook your head no.

"I'm okay. We're just talking,"

He raised an eyebrow and did a double-take.

"You're getting sweet on him aren't ya?" He teased.

"Never! Soda have you met him? I wouldn't be caught dead getting a Pop with him," You slipped out of the room.

Dallas stayed with you your whole shift. He was making you laugh and telling you stories about New York. He promised one day he'd take you there if you just gave him a chance.

You felt almost uncomfortable he was the bad guy and shouldn't have been acting so nice. You've heard that he's real nice to his buddy Johnny, but even then he seemed like an asshole.

After, you let him take you out to get a pop. You had a lot of fun and really began to like him. But, too much of your dismay Sodapop and Sandy had seen you at the diner. And you were teased furiously because no, you were not dead.