Ponyboy Part One

"It's okay you can tell me, " his voice was soft and comforting, something you didn't hear much of. You felt your stomach turn,

"You promise you won't tell anyone, " he chuckled but nodded.

"I'm your brother, " his eyes glistened and he held his beer bottle tightly. You were four years younger than Two-bit, but he never treated you like a baby. He dropped his foot off the fender of his rusty truck and stood up taller.

"You can't get mad at me, " You pleaded as your bounced your weight off and on the car. He nodded, and you sighed.

"I don't know Keith-"

"Ponyboy is a good kid, " he interrupted.

You stopped breathing for a moment and your heart stopped pumping blood. You avoided his gaze and fixed your posture. A burst of laughter came out of since you were in disbelief.

"Wha- What are you talking about!?" you nearly tripped on one of Keith's empty bottles. He smiled helping you balance,

"Steve told me. He said once you started to work with him at school, he hasn't been sweet on a girl since. Well, he hasn't been after girls" his eyes were wild as excitement ran through him.

It was so nonchalant like it meant nothing to him, but all you wanted to do was scream and ask questions. You calmed yourself relaxing slightly.

"What will happen if I..." your voice was quiet and trailed off. Keith's face turned stern as he tried to understand you.

"If you start going steady with lil'Curtis?"

You nodded

"I don't know baby. I just don't, but I'm here for you, " he smiled. You couldn't comprehend your own brother being this kind. Well, he had a good reason too. You weren't in the boys' gang, but merely just one of the boy's sister. Angela Shepard was the same -just a sister-, though she had eyes on Ponyboy. You respected her and it was a public thing that she was sweet on him, so you pushed your feelings down.

Though, as time went by you became more sure of yourself. You really, really like Ponyboy. To the point where your stomach hurt when you thought about him too much. Because you couldn't have him, you couldn't give hints or even tell your brother to tell Ponyboy how you felt. 

It was all because of Angela, it was a known fact not to mess with her. After she broke up with Byron and he went steady with another girl (Her friend to say the least). She had her whole gang of girls jump her. It was something awful and cruel. 

and even though you didn't think of her as a friend. She did you...

One Sunday

Whenever you'd see the gang it was always on a Sunday down at the church's field. A short distance from the town's Church, you all would either skip out on church altogether to hang out or your parents would force you to stay and you would go out to eat after. 

This time you skipped out. 

"Johnny could I-" before you could respond he was already taking off his jacket and giving it to you. Dally turned from his spot under the tree,

"Oh, here doll this one is bigger," he slugged his jacket over you and tossed Johnny back his.

"Stay warm kid, " he grinned.

You liked the way the boys treated you they never cursed around you and we're the best gentlemen they could be as greasers. If they were hanging at your house to see Keith they always knocked since you lived with him.  It's just how they had to treat you if they were going to be friends with your brother.