Ponyboy

For sugabear4377

Ponyboy Curtis a name that drove hazel crazy, he sat in front of her his greased hair could be stared at all day long by her, she was staring at him now he was smiling at his buddy Two-bit who was messing with some girl. consumed in her thoughts she didn't notice her teacher call her out.

"Ms. what is the answer?" still in her dazed she answered.

"He's so cute," everyone looked back at her she blushed Pony turned around as well."I uh mean the limit does not exist." the teacher only smiled 

"You're mighty pretty as well," he stated his ears turning red, you smiled wide.

"Thanks, Ponyboy" he gave you a charming smile and looked at his desk. After a while, he threw you a note and you looked up at him he gestured for you to open it and you did and it said...

Earlier that week

"Was not!" you groaned as you walked with Cherry she smiled and popped her gum loudly 

"You were totally staring at him! Oh, Ponyboy my dearest Ponyboy!, anyways I'll see ya later babe Bob's here, kisses!" I mumbled a bye then she strutted off to her man candy. I walked with my hands in my pockets popping my gum humming the melody to lollipop.  soon I began to sing it adding a little skip to my walk. 

"Oh Lolli Lolli Lolli, lollipop, lollipop p-"

"Pop!" You heard a voice behind you. You jumped back and saw ponyboy with his fist jammed into your pockets. 

"You scared me half to death Curtis!" You yelled hitting the side of his arm he chuckled a bit and grinned.

"I'm sorry Dollface," he said giving you a sly grin. Blushing you popped your gum again. You two walked for a bit joking around, he was being very bold and kept up comfortable conversation, he made sure not to come off too strong. There you both were talking as if you have known each other all your lives When Eddy came into view,

¨Shit,¨ you muttered underneath your breath. You hated him he was so touchy and flirtatious you hated it, Ponyboy saw your distress and slide his arm around your waist. You looked up at him and he winked at you. In the city of Tulsa there are almost ¨rules ¨ they were stupid but effective, basically, when a guy in public places his arm around your shoulders that means the guy is saying this is my girl let me flaunt her a bit to the other guys, but when a guy puts his arm around your waist its like he's saying sheś mine, touch her and Iĺl skin ya no sweat. And guys seem to respect that. Eddy stopped and looked at us, Pony gave him a death stare then he walked away. You smiled widely,

"Thanks, Pone," you grinned, he blushed

"It was nothing," he kept his arm around you the whole walk to your house, and you let him. Once you reached home you stopped and looked at him he gave you a small smile but your eye was caught by the beautiful orange, pink sky. You sat down on the front steps, Pony sat next to you. 

"Nothing gold can stay," he mumbled to himself.

"Robert Frost," I said he whipped his head to look at me. 

"Yeah..." he whispered to himself in disbelief. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder as we continued to watch it.

Cherry's Pov

The way she looked at him, I knew it! I was her neighbor and best friend. I couldn't blame her he was a doll. Once she went back to her house Ponyboy stood there watching the door he had a dreamy look in his eyes and his cheeks were a dark red. He smiled then ran a hand through his hair walking away.

"Ponyboy!" I called out, he jumped back then looked at me.

"Oh uh Hiya, Cherry what's up?" he asked I smiled and walked up to him. 

"So...I saw you talking to her," I said rocking on my heels.  His cheeks flushed than he shook it off.

"I uh yeah...yeah. Is that bad?" he asked looking around the neighborhood nervous.

"No Ponyboy! Ease up a bit, I was just wonderin', Do ya like her?" I asked he smiled and shrugged looking down at the cement as we walked. He turned to me, 

"Yeah, I do. But! You can't tell her! I'll have to figure that out on my own." he mumbles the last part.

"Well, best of luck to you Ponyboy Curtis. Tell Dallas I said 'Hi'" then I skipped off.

Ponyboy POV

I sat on my desk gripping my pencil tightly. I looked down at the blank sheet, desperately I began to write.

"You sat next to me for a whole year now! I feel so stupid for not realizing how great you were before, and I was hoping that maybe after this we could go to the Dingo after school. If you're up to it.

                                                                                                                    Sincerely, Ponyboy Curtis"

Your POV

You looked back at him he bites his lip his eyes were glowing. 

"Bitchin'"