Sodapop

You walked through the streets of Tulsa remembering your days a little kid. You were 19 finally free from the hell you were once trapped In. You stopped by the DX remembering Two-bit's roaring laughter as you ran out from the shop with stolen candy. You picked out a can of Sodapop and some gummy bears and made your way to the counter. Your heart stopped, they were all there. The summer of 1959 was the last time you were with them it's been 7 years. They all looked different more mature and tough. Darry wasn't there but he was replaced by a dangerous looking boy. You walked up to the counter swarmed by the laughing boys.

"Hiya boys!" You chirped, they scanned you with there is eyes. The dangerous one whistled as well as Two-bit.
"Hiya baby," Keith howled. Sodapop stared at you charmingly.

"That will be 25¢," he said. You looked at him oddly. Does he not remember you? You looked at all the boys. man did they look grown up. I mean yeah you haven't seen them since you were 12 but they had to remember you. You decided to mess with them since they forgot who you even were! 

"You are quite the doll," you said softly. Sodapop smiled wide. You ran a hand through his hair as the boys watched in amusement.
"What's your name?" You asked,

"Sodapop, Sodapop Curtis," he said in the most charming voice he could muster he looked at the boys raising his eyebrows.

"That's a really original name Sodapop," you said poping the "pop". He smiled his cheeks a faint red.

"Why thank you kitten, what about your name?" He questioned. He really didn't know who you were. You motioned him to come closer and he did you put your lips close you his ear.

"Y/n y/l/n you idiot!" You laughed pushing him away from you. He squinted his eyes at you but soon his face fell with realization.

"Y/n!" He jumped over the counter and hugged you tightly picking you up and twirling you around. You giggled as you wrapped your legs around his waist. He held you tightly

"I missed you so much!" He basically screamed.

"Stop hogging her soda we all miss her!" Steve howled. He set me down and Steve embraced me in a short but sweet hug. He ruffled my hair and looked me over. "Man, do you look good!" He said you rolled your eyes pushing him away.

"Randle you pig!" You were swopped up from behind and heard the same laughter from 7 years ago. "Keith put me down!" You yelled he did then smile at you hugging you tightly.

"How's life been treating ya?" He questioned still hugging me.

"Good, Keith I'm good no need to worry about me anymore," you said, you soaked up his warm embrace. He always treated you as a sister and he always, always protected you. You pulled away felt his sideburns. "You need a trim Two," you giggled he glared at you but smiled. You turned and saw the little tan skinned boy smiling. "Johnny..." You ran to him holding him tight. You loved him so much you and him were like peas and carrots. He hugged you back not wanted to let go but he did. You held on to his face and ran your thumbs over his cheeks.

"How are ya?" You asked he looked down but managed to smile.

"I've been holding up." You gave him a warm smile and ruffled his hair.

"That's my boy," you looked next to him and saw Ponyboy and man he grew up! "Now what happened to Lil' Curtis!? He's taller than me!" You said he smiled widely and ran a hand through his hair. "Hey Ponyboy," you said holding your arms out he didn't hesitate to hug you back. After him, the dangerous looking boy held out his hand.

"So, you're the great y/n y/l/n everyone's been talking about," you smiled at the boys then shook his hand.

"The one and only. And you are?"
He smirked.

"Dallas Winston and hopefully your date to the dingo this Friday?" You rolled your eyes and blushed a bit.

"My, my, my desperate aren't we?" You giggled and he chuckled as the gang erupted into laughter expect for you guessed it! Sodapop. "Okay, what time do Y'all get off I wanna say hi to Dare bear Mr. And Mrs. Curtis!" You chirped, the room went silent. Ponyboy looked away at the floor as well as Sodapop.

"Y/n-" Two-bit began but soda stopped home.

"I got it," he grabbed your hand and led you outside. Thoughts raced through your mind. Were they hurt? It couldn't be that bad I'm sure they aren't dead or anything. Sodapop looked up at you his eyes glossy. He linked and unlinked your fingers with his playing with them.

"Look y/n I'm real, real glad you're here, but there's something you need to know." He looked away not.meeting your eyes. "My mom and dad died...in an auto wreck." Your heart fell and you burst into tears.

"S-Sodapop I, you-" he cut my sobbing off and held my cheeks. Tears falling from his eyes.

"Hey, I-It's okay there are in a better place now. They...they were good people," he said tears making its way down his cheeks. you nodded and he pulled you in for a hug. After a bit of being in his warm embrace, he whispered. "I'm really glad you're back doll," then he pulled away. "Now let's go see Darry," You nodded and headed back with him. Soon you went back to your normal life where you belonged. Sodapop and Dallas didn't really get along they were always after you. In the end, you chose your tall glass of Sodapop, you couldn't help it I mean LOOK AT HIM!