Darry

The circus was slowly fading out. It was 1949 Darry and I were five years old and best friends. Sodapop was just a little baby and our local circus was going to leave. We were sad but what could we do it was all about movies and TV now. Our parents sat a few rows down from us the mom's playing with Sodapop and the dad's just laughing away. For some reason, we always liked the top row usually Because we got a better view. Usually, kids want to sit at the very front so it was just us, Darry held the snacks as I jumped up in Glee.

"It's about to start! Darry! Darry! It's about to start!" I shout nearly falling off the bleachers. He busted out laughing and handed me a bag of popcorn.

"I know y/n I'm sitting right next to you!" He said smiling. I sat down pouting and snapped his suspender strap. "Ouch! Oh, c'mon y/n my mom just bought me these!" He groaned and sat down again. The lights dimmed and we began to watch, it was amazing especially for the last show. Around the middle of the show one of the entertainers stood in the middle and made an announcement.

"For our last show we would like to give more people a chance to come down than just the front row," Darry and I smiled at each other and jumped up at down. "Will one of the young children in the back come on out!" Everyone looked towards us when I said we were the only ones sitting in the back I  was not kidding, I smiled widely but then realized only one of us could go up. Darry realized this too.

"Go," he said pushing me up. I frowned.

"But Darry-" I began he shook his head.

"It's okay y/n you love the circus more then I do," he said. The crowd gave us an "awwww" I look down and smile

"Thanks Dare bear,"
I began to walk down when people began to chant. "Bring the boy down! Bring the boy down!" By the look from my mom and Mrs.curtis, they started the chant.

"Let's bring the boy down too!" The man said, Darry bolted up and ran to your side. We stood in the middle of the arena. Smiling and laughing. "Today we are going to be performing out last magic show!" His voice boomed throughout. The mad turned to Darry and magically pulled out some flowers and handed them to Darry almost on instinct Darry handed them to you. The crowd went Wild and you blushed madly. Darry smiled at you and then looked through the crowd that's when you realized he always put you first.

15 years later

"Come and eat!" Darry shouted from the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes and realized Darry woke up early to make breakfast, he's so sweet. I changed quickly and stepped out into the Hall. Sodapop and Ponyboy were pushing and shoving each other in order to get to the kitchen first. Then ended up on the floor laughing and play fighting. I walked over then ruffling the boy's hair. They smiled and got up quickly. I sat down in my usual seat, and Darry set down and a huge plate of pancakes and cake for all of us. Then he gave us out eggs separately. The boys both reached in for pancakes but Darry stopped them.

"Oh c'mon you already know let y/n have some first before you guys eat them all and she gets nothing," Darry chuckled giving Sodapop and pony a Stern look. Sodapop looked down in embarrassment.

"Sorry about yesterday....and the day before and the day before that," you giggled, and he flashed you a charming smile, happy you weren't mad.

"Yeah Sodapop you should be sorry," Ponyboy said reaching for a pancake. Sodapop eyes went wide.

"Pony you helped me!" Sodapop shouted began to ruffle his hair and playing fighting once again. and you took the chance to grab a pancake.

"Thanks, Darry," you kissed his cheek and he smiled sitting down next to you.

"Don't worry about it doll," he said as he began to eat.
Darry never did stop putting you first
💕