Johnny/Ponyboy

For MacchioHowellForever

When you were around the age of 13, you had the biggest crush on Johnny Cade. Whenever he came over, you always found a way to sneak yourself into your brother Keith's room. Usually, though, you'd be left to play with Ponyboy.

Pony was your buddy, ever since grade school. He was only two years younger than you but was a grade behind you. He was a real looker, green eyes, and a sensitive smile.

Now, though at 16-year-old things were completely different.

The gang became closer as a whole, and that meant you'd see Johnny more. Though, it felt awful because that's all you were able to do. See Him

A while back your brother Two listened in on a call with Johnny.  He told you to stay away from him, that you couldn't fix broken boys like him.

You were too embarrassed even to defend Johnny. Though the seriousness on Keith's face had scared you half to death. Your mom had heard Two-bit talking so sternly she had come to ask you what had happened. You told her, and she only smiled and rubbed your back.

"Oh, honey your brother simply doesn't want to see you get hurt," but when she saw you still be sad, she went serious. "Look, darling; your brother doesn't have a lot. He doesn't have a job, a girl and gets drunk every night. You know he doesn't want to grow up while everyone already has. He purposely fails his classes, so he doesn't. Everyone has something and you know I think he gets a little jealous of his friends for having things darling," You didn't like the way your mother was talking about your brother. He seemed so fresh in your eyes.

"But Johnny doesn't have anything either mom," she smiled and rubbed her thumb softly on your cheek.

"Except you," You furrowed your eyebrows. She laughed and pressed a small kiss to your forehead.

"You're the only thing he has that nobody doesn't," she said. Standing up she flattened her dress. She made her way out but before she left she smiled, "At least you're not in love,"

Though now, at sixteen you Tessa Mathews were in love with Johnny.

Time Skip

You trailed behind Keith as he nearly skipped to the drive-in. The whole was going to be there celebrating Ponyboy's  Birthday. All he wanted was to hang out with the gang; he even told Keith to invite me. It would be about two months since I've seen Johnny. Of course, I'd see him around town and school, but never have we've been as close as we're about to be.

You held onto the new sketch pad and pencils that you had bought for Lil' Curtis as Two-bit practically slipped towards the nightly double.

"Hey wait up big brother!" You chased after him. He laughed and threw his arm around you. It was silence for a while, but you felt safe. You knew Keith would do anything to keep you safe even if he didn't show it.

"You know O'l Johnny is going to be there," you felt your heat speed up, and you only hummed in response. "Hey now I don't want any funny business," he said in a deeper voice as he laughed. You knew he was nervous like he felt uncomfortable even talking about Johnny. You pushed him away from you,

"Shut up Keith," you snapped at him. His expression changed, and he started to walk faster.

"Yeah well, nothing is going to happen because I already talked to Johnny," you get your heart fall into your stomach.

"Y-you what?" How could he do that? Johnny didn't even do anything wrong! What did he tell him to stop talking to me?! Two-bit was ahead of you already making his way to the entrance. You felt embarrassed and mad all at the same time. You missed Johnny so much, and you were planning to spend the whole night talking to him. But, you couldn't you remembered what your mom had said, and you didn't want to hurt two-bit. You didn't even realize you had paid and everything. But there you were in the second to last row with the gang. Johnny Ponyboy and Dally sat in the very back. 

Two-bit was already off doing something stupid; you were left with the Three boys. Darry was chatting up some girl while Soda and Steve were hitting the snack bar. You sighed and relaxed, you strolled to the back row and smiled at Dally who dropped his feet.

"How's it goin' pretty baby," Dally asked, Pony chuckled from beside him.

"If Two heard you flirtin' up Tessa like that he'd let you have it!" Pony grinned, you giggled and shook your head as a smile grew on Dally's face. He laughed and put his hands up,

"I'm fine Dal," you giggled. He nodded his head and looked around then he glanced at Johnny.

"Good,"

You held out the sketchbook and pencils. Pony's eyes lit up, and his smile grew.

"Stars Tessa! Where did you get this!?" He held the stationary carefully. You raised an eyebrow; you felt Johnny's eyes burning into your shoulder. Pony motioned Johnny to move down a seat, and he did you plopped yourself in the middle.

You felt it again. The fire you seem to think around Johnny. You glanced over to him, and he was staring at you, he caught himself and looked away. He gazed at the screen though shifted in his seat a lot. You looked around, and sure enough Two-bit stood with Steve and Soda chatting. Was Johnny scared of Two-bit now?!

You cleared your throat and asked Pony for his jacket. He happily gave it to you his cheeks a deep red. You guess he was still getting used to being a gentleman.

"Thank you my legs are a bit cold that's all," you said referring to your skirt. He nodded you placed the jacket on your lap some covering some of Johnny's leg. You reached over and-

THIS IS NOT A SMUT YA NASTIES!

...you reached under the jacket and grabbed his hand. His head shot to you. You giggled and smiled, to your surprise he held your hand tighter. You grinned and glanced around. Your body went cold when you saw Dallas was eyeing you both.

He smug smile grew on his face,

"Damn kids," he chuckled.

Ponyboy's Pov

I couldn't sleep all night.
To the point where I snuck out to the front curb to see the sunrise.
I'm now 14 years old.
She just turned 16.

I'm in love with her.
I can't hide it anymore.
She's the one I love.

I started to put together the pieces a while ago. I spent an awful lot of time thinking about her. I didn't know it would get too far. I looked up again after a while my neck aching.

"Shit," I mumble to myself. I had missed the entire sunset.

Damn Tessa the things you do to me.

Hey! So tell me if you want part two!  I already have it planned out! Uh, Grammarly really glitched on me so I'll probably edit this in a bit. Thank you all, sorry for not being active for a while. I've been addicted to the editing of video star. Okay, thank you!