Darry

Darry's Pov (Our wittle dare bear is about 16 in the beginning)

"Shut your trap, people are watching a movie," I groaned as soda talked loudly, I found some seats and lead the boys there. "Alright mom said to pick yall up afte-" I was cut off by a giggle, I turned my head. I couldn't help, but grin. Y/n sat in front of the boys laughing at the screen. I sat down immediately. "You know what? I'll stay, I don't want to miss your first time at the drive-in," I smiled, Sodapop rolled his eyes and sat down next to Pony leaving him in the middle. Y/n didn't seem to notice us. I needed her attention. "Ponyboy?" he turned to me an eyebrow raised. 

"What Darry?" he whispered, I swallowed hard,

"You see the pretty lady sitting in front of you?" I asked he nodded looking towards her, "I want you to kick her seat until she turns around," I said quickly, his eyes went wide.

"I can't do that Darry mom said we have to respect girls." he fought back, I groaned. 

"Just this one time...I'll uh buy ya a Pepsi," he began to kick the chair, I watched her intently her face fell. She turned around a bright smile placed on her face as she fixed her bun.

"What's your name?" she asked, Ponyboy. She still didn't see me,

"Ponyboy Curtis," My kid brother responded, she smiled again.

"Would you like to sit next to me?" she made an innocent face, "Protect me from all the bad guys," Ponyboy blushed madly but nodded sitting next to her, she sighed and sat straight. 

"Hey, I wanna sit too!" Sodapop yelled, she grinned and patted the chair next to her, then her eyes met mine,

"Hey, Darry! These two your kid brothers?" she asked, I nodded a smirk on my lips,

"I'm sorry about him, I'll get them outta here," I chuckled, I knew exactly what I was doing, I knew she would object because she was just too nice Like how she offered Ponyboy a sit instead of asking him to stop so he would quit kicking her chair. 

"Oh, I don't mind. You might as well sit here too, it's a better view," she said, I grinned and nudged Sodapop's shoulder he rolled his eyes but moved a seat over. I sat next to her, she smiled once more then looked back up at the screen. 

"Does anyone want some popcorn? Drinks?" The boy's faces perked up,

"I do!" They all yelled I made a face. They knew I only meant to ask Y/n, she shook her head.

"No thank you," she said politely. I nodded taking out some money and walking to the stands. I looked back she sat there smiling listening to whatever Pony was blabbering about. I sat back down snacks in hand the boys dug in as I gently slide my arm around her. Her cheeks turned a bright pink,

"I-Is this alright?" I questioned, she smiled snuggling into me the slightest bit. 

"Just fine,"

LOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME SKIP

I stared down at there lifeless bodies. My mom, my beautiful mom covered in way too much makeup and uncomfortable clothes. My old man, in a suit. Lord, he hated suits. It was all too much at that moment, I covered my mouth with my hand tears running down my cheeks. I could let them see me cry, I just couldn't. 

"Fuck," I squeaked out as I tried to contain my tears, I turned around and there she stood. Her hair down, her face pale and saddened, 

"Oh, Darry," she embraced me in a hug. I hugged her back my tears running off my cheeks onto her shoulder. I heard her sniffle as her grip tightened. She led me to the side of the church, it was quiet except for the occasional passing person. Taking out a handkerchief from her purse she stood in front of me wiping my tears off gingerly. "Now, Darry," she smiled the slightest bit, her eyes watery, "You know I love you very much," she stopped once again taking a deep breath. We've been together for four years and I could never get over how pretty she looked crying. "I'm going to help you and your brothers alright? You're not going through this alone," she said, I nodded knowing exactly what she meant. We were planning to move in together anyway, but not there's really no choice. She hugged me once more kissing my cheek. "I love you," 

"I love you too," I said barley, above a whisper.