Darry

A LOOOOOOOONG ONE, Darry is 16, making Soda 13 and Pony 10.

Darrel Curtis was obviously the most popular guy in school.  Everyone knew this, you were well known a lot of people liked you for being yourself you talked to everyone and never stopped talking to someone just because they "Weren't popular," or "Too popular," you never saw the use in that. You and Darry flirted a lot it was usually all for fun, but he became more serious recently. You walked down the school halls with your head held up high and a little sway in your hips. You were about to pass "The spot," in which where all the famous kids of high school hung out after school, you never went to the spot even though you could have. You could see in the corner of your eye you saw someone's head jerked towards you, suddenly a hand was put on your shoulder. You gasped a bit in surprise, but stopped once you realized it was only Darrel you calmed down a bit, he chuckled in return.

"Woah, Sorry doll, I didn't mean to scare ya," he said radiating happiness. You couldn't help but smile. 

"What brings you here Darrel?" you questioned, he smiled and shrugged his shoulders taking your books and carrying them.

"I just saw you, kitten and I thought I'd say 'hi'...Hi!" he chirped, you were overwhelmed by fits of giggles because of his dorkiness, he smiled wide,"That laugh is sure something else," he stopped as you guys approached the bus stop, You took your books from his hands as the bus slowly came to a halt,

"Thanks Darrel," You smiled, he nodded running a hand through his hair,

"Why do you always call me Darrel, never Darry?" he questioned glancing between you and the bus, you grinned and shrugged.

"I don't know, everyone calls you Darry. I just feel like Darrel is more original," you giggle, he smirks and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah...Yeah. Well, I was wondering, maybe you'd like to come to my game on Friday and wear my lettermen jacket?" you frowned and gave a puzzled look,

"Don't only the player's girls wear those?" you question, your face soon parking up with realization.

"Yeah...that's why I want you to wear it." he chuckled, you blushed and nodded,

"Sure Darrel," You chirped, he laughed kissing you on the cheek then walked off with a smug look on his face,

During the game, you wore his jacket and cheered on next to his little brothers and his parents. You enjoyed conversation with Mrs. Curtis as Mr. Curtis threw in his dad jokes.

You had Ponyboy on your shoulders laughing and cheering as Sodapop tested out his pick-up line on you.

"If I were Peter Pan You'd be my happy thought? How's that one?" he questioned, you laughed and nodded,

"Sandy will love that," he smiled and continued to scribble on an old receipt. Suddenly Pony jumped off your shoulders.

"They won! They won!" his brother cheered, you laughed and hugged him.

"They did!" suddenly you were picked up by a pair of buff arms. You giggled as Darry set you down, "I'm so proud of you!" you laughed, he placed a kiss on your lips. You kissed back, his sweat dripping on you. "Ewww!" You pushed him away laughing, he threw his arm around you and smiled, thrusting his fist in the air.

Three Months later, Darry's POV

I set down the snacks for the team and sat down on our couch.

"So Darry, What's up with you and Y/n?" Eric asked, (It feels so weird adding some random ass name in idk), I looked down smiling at the thought of her.

"Aww, man Your not in love with her, are ya?" Frankie (like wtf) asked, my head shot up.

"No, No I'm not I just haven't had a chance to break up with her yet," I stated they all nodded.

"Well, you better hurry. The bet was 'You couldn't get a girl in a day' nothing was said about keeping the broad," Eric continued, my stomach twisted at how he was talking about her...I only laughed. 

"I'm gonna go pee," I stated standing and walking off to the restroom. 

"Darrel!" I heard a girl scream, I zipped up my pants and opened the door. I was met with an angry Y/n tears fell from her eyes,

"Kitten-"

"Don't you 'Kitten' me you asshole! You only used me for 50 cents! 50 cents is all I am too you!?" She yelled, my heart dropped. I looked over at the guys they all wore goofy grins enjoying her pain,(50 cents back then is worth five dollars today) 

"Well, I wasn't gonna spend a dollar on ya!" The boys erupted in laughter, Y/n's face fell. In the Corner of my eye I could see my father shake his head leading my kid brothers away, Pony looked heartbroken Sodapop looked furious. Suddenly, her hand met my face. Then she stormed off, still crying. I looked down the boys were still laughing,

"Get outta here will ya!?" My mom shouted, the all listened walking out. I looked over at her, she had anger written across her face. "Darrel Curtis I thought I raised you better than that, all those people. They don't care about you, not the way she did. You lost a beautiful strong young woman, you will never find someone like her again. The way you just treated her, was like trash and you and I know damn well she is far from trash," she said sharply, then she walked off mumbling, "All the popularity got to your head, Darrel," I sighed and made my way to my and my kid brother's room it was locked,

"We don't allow people to mess with Y/n in!" ponyboy screamed,  I made my way to the couch and closed my eyes,  taking in what the hell just happened.

Y/n Day of the breakup

I was so stupid, I can't believe I fell for his bullshit...I miss him, I don't know why I just do. Damn me,

Darry Day of the breakup

I don't care about her...I already got over her,

Y/n one week after

I'm not even hungry

Darry one week after

PIZZA! PIZZA!

Y/n one month after

Darry? Who's dat? I'm living my life

Darry one month after

Shit...

Y/n two months after

What should I wear for my date tonight?

Darry two months after

Glory, I miss her so much, I need her.

Your Pov

You sat on the bench at school, reading your book. You thought about the boy you went out with, you liked him better as a friend. Welp, you don't need a man anyways, you felt a presence next to you. 

"Hey," You looked over at the raspy voice and met eyes with Darry, his hair wasn't greased like it usually was it actually looked horrible, he looked sad and tired.

"Darry," You acknowledged his presence, his breathing stopped for a second. 

"You used to call me 'Darrel'," he whispered, you stood up.

"Well, things change don't they," You began to walk off, Darry following you.

"No, please stay," he begged you turned around.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were in need of 50 cents," You spat, his face turned pale.

"Y/-" You didn't have time to listen, you were already out of his sight.

Part two? Btw you can totally tell I was listening to music, I started playing Jimy Fallon's "Ew" towards the end so my mood got goofy.