JollyDally Part two

"So, You kids ready to open your gifts at midnight?" She smiled and you managed to crack a smile back, It was a tradition for the Curtis's and Johnny to come over and at Midnight when it was Christmas you all open presents. They'd usually sleepover when you were smaller you'd watch Soda and Darry Build a fort. You and Ponyboy would cheer them on but he only blabber. Soon a conversation began and there was laughing and cheering, but you couldn't care. You felt your eyes sting with tears, Dallas Winston stole your first kiss that Thanksgiving. He took it and ran off like it meant nothing, he left you waiting like a fool. He chose his own reputation over you. First, he'd stop walking you to the park, telling you to meet him there. Then he'd leave you waiting for hours then, he just stopped showing. Your heart ached, why was he such a boy.

"May I be excused?" You faced down at your plate filled with untouched food. You could feel your cheeks getting warmer,

"Of course but, don't be long," You looked at your mother surprised she was being so nice. She took a quick glance at Dallas, she knew. She always knew. Pushing your chair back you sniffled and carefully made your way to your room with every step you seemed to calm down. You reached your bed and sat back,

"This isn't the bathroom," You looked over and he gave you a soft smile. You wiped your tears quickly, standing up you randomly sat down on a chair.

"Oh, Sodapop. Uh, Hi," You looked everywhere but him, you motioned him to sit down on your bed and he did and sighed as he folded his hands in front of him, he sighed. 

"I saw the way you looked at him tonight. I remember the way you looked at him during that game of football a long time ago," You stayed quiet looking down at your suddenly interesting shoes. He sighs, "Look doll,", he inhaled sharply, "Look up at me doll," his voice grew a bit stern. You did and met his soft eyes, you didn't know what was happening at the moment. "I know how hard it is too look at someone and have them not look at you the same way. I know you think he doesn't look at you the same way you look at him. I know, you believe he doesn't look at you the way I look at you. You and I know damn well, that he does. You're all he talks about, he's always asking where you are, who are you dating. Sometimes he'd even just ask how are you," he stopped and you felt your whole body heat up. Sodapop looked at you the way you looked at Dallas? You didn't understand what it meant at first then...it hit.

"Soda, I never meant to hurt you," You spoke softly, he shook his head standing up from the bed, you sat across from him on your vanity chair.

"No, doll. You didn't," You didn't even notice how much his voice changed he sounded, defeated. He placed his hands on your shoulders leaning down, "I'm okay if you're smiling and all happy," He leaned down, "And that's with Dally," He whispered. He placed his hand on your cheek and stroked it softly. "Come down when you're ready,"

You watched him a walkout his broad shoulders high and his golden hair shining. You stood up quickly,

"Soda!" He turned around. You strolled over to him and got on your tippy toes. Placing a hand on his cheek you kissed it then embraced him in a hug.

"I love you," You whispered. You felt his arms wrap around you. You took in his scent. You must really like Dallas, Sodapop was sweet, caring and an amazing person. But, something was holding you back 

and that was Dallas.

"I love you to doll," he pulled away and lead you out. You both walked out to see the family laughing. You both gave each other a look, he patted your back and you guys walked to the table. He pulled out your chair and you sat down and he tucked it in. You looked up him and he gave the slightest nod toward Dallas. You smiled and cleared your throat looking up, sure enough, Dallas sat up tense and wore an unamused look catching your gaze he looked down at his plate.