Ponyboy

allison_curtis

"C'mon Allison! I need this, I need you," he whined, on his knees, he pulled on your shirt. You groaned, 

"Curtis, I don't want to have to run an unnecessary four hundred meter dash,  so you could beat out the socs," You giggled, he smirked looking up at you. 

"Is that a yes?" he asked, his goofy deep voice taking over. You giggled, rolling your eyes helping him up,

"Well, it isn't a 'no'" You grinned, he jumped up hugging you. Placing his hands on your hips he tipped his head back and howled. You giggled, your cheeks a bright pink. He settled down huffing and puffing as you met eyes. A smile spread across his face as his adorable dimples showed, his face turning red as well. 

"Meet me at the track Okay," he asked, he let go of you and made his way out. Peaking his head into the door he smiled once more. "3:30 okay doll," You smiled as he hopped out of the house.

"You're to serious Pony," You giggled, he stood tensely at the beginning of the track. You put your hands on his shoulders, rubbing them lightly. He sighed and nodded

"O-Okay," he said his cheeks pink.  You smiled and walked off, 

"Now, let's see how fast you can run one mile,"  You smiled warmly, he nodded facing the track. "Go!" he sprinted at a good pace then began to run quickly. After four laps he stopped resting his hand on his knees. You did the same watching him huff and puff. "Got some news for you Pone," he nodded telling you to continue. "Was I suppose to time you?" You questioned, his face fell. 

"What!? You weren't timing me!?" he shouted, you smiled and pulled out a timmer from your pocket. A grin grew on his face and he slung his arm around you, pulling you into his side. "Looks like I'm getting better than you, how's that so?" he chuckled. You frowned, sitting down against one of the few trees beside the track. 

"Well, besides that you need to work on your breathing," he nodded still taking deep breathes. "I didn't get to star track player by heavy breathing," You laughed he didn't. He sat beside you, his gaze strong on the grass. 

"Why'd you quit?" he asked quickly almost as if he didn't want you to hear. You looked up at him and met his Striking eyes and sharp features, if you'd look at him you'd think he was cruel and mean, he was the opposite.  You shrugged, 

"I...I don't know," you responded, he only nodded resting his arms on his bent knees he looked around the track. "I know what you're thinking Ponyboy and you're right," You breathed out, he looked over at you his face scrunched up and his eyebrows furrowed. Once he saw your watery eyes his whole entire face softened. "I know it's been two years, but it feels like yesterday," You burst into tears, he opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out he only embraced you in a loving hug. 

"Oh, Glory Allison. You shouldn't keep your feelings all held up like this," he said rubbing your shoulders, you shook your head which were in your hands. "Look what happened to Soda-"

"You don't understand," You muttered, you felt him shuffle in his seat holding you even tighter,

"Sure I do," his voice was soft and low. You looked up and meet his eyes, 

"No, you don't. You have Darry and Soda, I lost my only brother, he was so sweet Pony he'd listen to everything I had to say," You smiled lightly as you remembered Johnny. "He'd let me go on and on about how Two-bit lifted a girls dress, he'd listen to me ranting about James Dean's hair or how a boy I liked talked to me. Man, Pony he even took me to my first middle school dance because nobody wanted to go with me," I laughed as I cried, Pony's face was crumpled in sadness. Once he noticed the bittersweetness of the moment he smiled.

"This is good, remembering him...all you have are good memories. Keep those, don't let them go. They are what keep him alive...they keep him gold," he whispered, you smiled at him your tear stained cheeks feeling cold against the breeze.

"Thank you Ponyboy," you snuggled into him more, 

 "I..." his voice trailed off, You rose an eyebrow. 

"What?" he only stared at you, "What?" You questioned, again he sighed. 

"I was going to take you to that dance," he chuckled nervously. 

"What?" You asked confused by his statement,

"I was going to ask you, Hell, I even asked Johnny for permission and Soda on how to act," he smiled looking off at the sky. he continued, "I got nervous, the plan was I'd randomly show up to your house and take you, but I called Johnny and told him I couldn't. I mean I was too nervous, I was the only 10-year-old in the 6th grade." he laughed, "So, Johnny took you," he finished, you couldn't help, but burst out laughing, he chuckled along taking his head in his hands. "So, much for impressing the girl I liked," he said, you blushed lightly, he tangled his hands in his hair as he still held his head. 

"Liked?" You smirked, he smiled looking up from the ground his dimples showing once again in a cute embarrassed smile. 

"Well," he began, "Like," his ears turned red as the color bleeds into his neck. You giggled lightly shifting towards him. 

"The sock hop is coming up soon, if you're still up for it...make it up to me," You smiled, his eyes lit up,

"Of course,"

Time Skip (A few hours before the dance)

There Ponyboy stood tall in his suit from Darry, the wind blew through his greased hair. 

"I know it's sorta late, but I felt the need to ask you," he began looking down at his shoes he took a deep breath, "Could I take Allison to the sock hop? I swear I'll treat her nice, she is your kid sister and all," his voice was nervous and shaky, even though he couldn't respond and even though Ponyboy was talking to a plot on the ground he knew Johnny would say yes, he looked over at Dally's in his head he could hear Dally saying some sexual joke, but then informing him "If you touch her I'll skin ya," she was like his sister, "I love you guys, she does too ya know," his eyes got watery as he looked away, "She misses ya a lot...a real lot," he nodded slowly then began to walk away not before turning around and saying once last thing, "Stay Gold man, Stay gold,"

IDEK