Two-bit

You sipped your coke waiting for someone to take your order. It's been a while and nobody seemed to come. It was odd because usually Julie the girl who was in charge took your order. You came here every Saturday like you used to with your parents. You were a soc and your parents died in an auto accident with another couple. They left you everything being the only child. You stood up and sighed, making your way towards the Jukebox You say Julie she was talking to two guys. Greasers. The jukebox wasn't far away from them so you took out some change and looked through the song, but really you listening to the conversation.

"Ma'am we have experience," A deep voice said. A lighter younger voice spoke.

"Please, we need this job," He begged. There was silence.

"What makes you two so desperate for jobs?" Julie asked.

"Uh, a couple of buddies they uh...they just ain't with us anymore and we need money for there funeral," You looked up. Your heart nearly fell. You remember the day your parents died, seeing the three kids they had. He was one of them... next to him was a Mickey Mouse shirt wearing boy. There was even more silence.

"What experience do guys have," You gave a soft smile to yourself happy to know that Julie was giving them a chance and you made your way to your table near them. You sat down facing them, the tall boy spoke.

"I waited tables down at the dingo for a quick minute," he stated. The little one nodded shrugging.

"I guess all I'm good for is dishes," he chuckled lightly. Julie sighed then called over someone from the back they took the smaller one and You assumed taught him what to do. The tall boy was sent to the back too and came back soon after with a uniform on. You watched him from the other side of the diner, studying his features once again. Suddenly, he looked towards you an annoyed look on his face. He made his way towards me placing a fake smile on my face. Julie watching him from a distance, 

"She comes here every Saturday don't make her change her ,mind," She whispered,

"Hi, I am your waiter today and I'll be helping you out," his eyes seemed sad and stressed,"Can I take your order?" You smiled and nodded telling him your order. He came back soon after still emotionless with your food. You ate pretty quickly and sat down waiting for the check. The two boys faces filled with sandess clouded your brain the little one already went through so much. You now remember him as one of the teens who saved those kids from a fire. You couldn't stop yourself, you knew his pain. His parents died with yours and now his friends. You hand rumaged through your purse and you took out your check book along with a pen. You wrote a genrrous amount of money and your name leaving the check blank. Th3ey boy came back with your check. Quickly you put the money down and stood up he huffed once he saw no tip. Just as he was about to say simething you grabbed his hand. 

"I know how you feel. I've lost people too," His eyes seemed to soften. "Make it out to...whoever you are," I said quickly and let go of his hand and the check. He looked down at his palm and you quickly grabbed your purse and walked out. It wasn't long until you heard someone yelling,

"Wait! Wait! Ms. please stop!" You turned around and saw the little guy in a hairnet. Her huffed as he made his way towards you, "We can't take this," he breathed out holding the check out. You only smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Ponyboy Curtis," You spoke softly. His eyes furrowed a bit then his whole face softened as if he finally remember who you were.

"Y-Your folks..." his voice trailed off. You only nodded your eyes watery.

"They died in the same accident yours did yes,"  You shrugged lightly looking away. He stared at you for a second before finally sighing. Before he could say anything you stepped in "Keep the money Pony...Please," Your voice was low You don't know if he heard me. He nodded placing the check in his pocket. He looked unsure of what to do, but you know for sure that we both needed hugs. So, you hugged him and not even a second later he hugged back. You two stood there for a second just there in the middle of the parking lot. You oulled away swipping the hairnet off his head. "Now go get out of these rags will ya?" You gigled looking at his uniforms. He smiled and joggged off. You sighed overwhelmed with emotion you didn't want to b  here when he got back. It would be too much you began to walk to your car.

"I'm sorry for your folks," A voice said behind you. Turning around you looked at the boy you originally gave the money too. You gave a warm smiled and fiddled with your sleeves, he reminded you about the greasers your mom use to hang out it before she met my dad before social class really beat people up.  But man was he cute, even in his apron he was.

"Oh, thank you," You said a bit quietly. He shuffled in his place

"No thank you," He said quickly. "I mean it's not every day a mighty pretty girl gives you a check for more then my whole life is worth," He chuckled. You furrowed your eyebrows,

"Now, don't you say that. I've only known you for well not a very long time and you already fine a way to make me feel like a kid again," You smiled. It was true his smile dad eyes were just so lively and hey way he talked made me feel younger. he seemed to like what i said because he grinned looking down at his shoes. "I'm Y/n," I spoke softly, 

"Tw-uh Keith," he held out his hand and you shook it. Ponyboy came out back in his regular clothes. I assumed he had quit for the both of them. He smiled once he saw you were still here. 

"Y/n, I don't know how I could repay you for this," He held up the check and lightly waved it around. I shook my had smiling,

"Don't worry about doll. Pay if forward," he gazed up at you with pure admiration on his face. His eyes glowing. You sighed and fiddled with your keys, "So, Ya'll walk here all the way from the other side of town?" They nodded. You shook your head, "Well, you better come with me. I Could give you two a ride," Pony boy smiled and nodded you  made your way to the car but Keith stopped him 

"No it's okay Y/n we can walk. We don't to be a bother," he said.You rolled my your eyes and unlocked the car,

"I don't mind at all Keith now just get in," The drive home seemed long and you were happy with that. Keith and you were talking up front while Pony slept in the back. Granted the directions Keith gave you took extra long to get to Pony's house. He must have thought because you're a soc that you  knew nothing about the other side of town. Finally you stopped the car laughing at another one of Keith jokes. He woke up Pony boy and thanked you for the thousandth time. Before h left he turned back,

"I know you probably will say no, but would you like to go out on a date with my to the nightly double anytime," I smiled and  tightly held the steering wheel. 

"You know where to find me," he grinned his goofy grin leaning his arms against the window

"Every Saturday," You smiled and drove off. 

Pony's Pov

"You sure do like huh two?" I asked as he stood watching her drive off. He nodded biting his lip watching until she was gone. I rolled on my heels "You in love with her?" I asked, his head snapped back towards me.

"Love? Pony do you know a thing about love?" I shook my head my cheeks pink, Two-bit scoffed "Clearly," He began to jog up the steps as I still stood at the gate studying his words. Before he left I stopped him,

"She doesn't call you two-bit,"  I shouted, he stopped jogging and walked on the poruch not turning back. 

"I didn't tell her that was my nick name," He said simply. I nearly didn't even know if I was talking too two-bit or Keith I should say. Never not once has he referred to "Two-bit" as a nickname. 

"Sure sounds like love to me," Two-bit turned around, and gave me a classic grin.

"Get inside kid it's cold out here,"

I'm sorry I'm not on my regular computer so I didn't edit well.

This was 1505 words now 1509