A Lovely Fall Dinner

Depending on where you are from, "A Fall Dinner" could be thanksgiving, or if you do celebrate thanksgiving a sweet fall dinner other, then the holiday would be loving just as well. In this one you're younger (around 13 about to be 14)

Your brother was bringing over his friends tonight. He described them as wild and hoods. You didn't even bother to brush your curls out from their set or take off your regular clothes and slip on a dress. You just knew that if they were anything like your brother, you didn't have to impress much.

Your mother had stopped you once you were in the living room and ridiculed you on your choice of clothes.

"Well, if Keith is coming in jeans, why can't I?" You pouted, your mother tried to fix your hair, but you pushed away quickly.

"Sweetie just-"

A car pulled up to the driveway. You rushed to the window to finally see these hoods that your brother blabbed about. Peeking threw the curtain. Your heart stopped. Your brother walked up the entryway sluggish and barely getting over his hangover. But, he stood with a boy next to him.

"Oh," your voice trailed along, the boy...He was tall, had long hair, and his smile was something of a dream. He was so handsome, stars! You looked a mess! "Mother, they're here!" your mom came to great the boys as you jumped into your room. There you dramatically tried to find something to wear.

You slipped on a pair of pedal pushers and tucked in a soft pink sweater. Moving onto your hair, you simply brushed your curls out and put it up.
The whole time anger grew in you for Keith!

"He told me they were hoods! Low-lives! Bottom of the barrel-"

"Y/n!" your brother barged into your room with his arms wide open. The boy in the back of him smiling embarrassed of Keith's Actions. You stood there staring at your brother in disbelief. Your hands still filling your lips with a soft color.

Two-bit came up from beside you and scooped you up. You still stayed in the same position, not hugging back. He set you down in front of the boy.

"This is my Buddy Ponyboy. Weird name, but you'll dig him. His family is coming over the rest of the night, "

When you shook his hand, you could feel the nerves inside of you multiply.

"I'm Y/n, " his charming smile never faltered. You smoothed out your pants and made your way out of your room. "I wish I could stay. In my room, " you glared at your brother "But, I need to take out a pie, but I'll be back soon," you called out.

You wandered to the kitchen where you turned up the radio and went for your apron,

Your brother followed you as Ponyboy walked back into Keith's room.

"Hey, Hey, Y/n," he stopped in front of you and shoved his hands into his pockets rolling on his heels. "So, you like em'?" He cocked an eyebrow toward Pony.

You scoffed and hit his shoulder,

"You told me he was a hood. I looked awful, and you had such a nerve to bring him," you slipped on the apron and turned around so Keith could tie it for you. As he began, you spoke again, "You're lucky I got ready so quick Keith or I sw-" he tightened the knot on your apron and spun you around. Taking you into his arms, he turned you to the music playing. You couldn't help but laugh helplessly. Your brother was much taller then you, you were 13, and he was 19. He lifted you onto his shoes,

"Gee, Keith, I'm not a child anymore!" You groaned Letting your brother lead you through twirls and lifts.

"Oh, you kids," your mother appeared from the kitchen door. She took out the pie. Then scurried off quickly. Sooner then later, a whole gang of boys appeared. Your mom had let them in, Two-bit smiled and spun you to face them. They all wore grins. You tried not to turn red as you realized how...well...good they all were.

Two-bit tossed you around, introducing you to Soda's and Johnnycakes. They all seemed nice. You knew that they were acting friendly just for you and your mother. Even Dallas Winston was kind to you. He smiled and patted your head, moving you along to the next person.

Immediately the boys went off to the street to play football.
Nobody would be passing by in a car since it was nearing the time people would be home with the family. So the open street was just fine,

"Sweetheart," your mother called out to you. You trotted into the kitchen. The house seemed to look different to you now that boys had invaded it.

"Y-Yeah?" You sputtered. She smiled, tossing you a ticking kitchen timer.

"Go out and make sure they don't kill each other. Don't get dirty, and when the timer is done, that means the turkey is ready. I'm heading out to the Formans to bring down a pie," she smiled, pushed you out, taking off your apron.

She rushed out to the car,
"Oh, and sweetie!" You stopped in your tracks and faced your mother. She skipped over to you quickly and whispered. "The youngest one is a real doll. You should get to know him," you didn't say anything. You only smiled and sent her off.

You watched from the porch step as the boys wrestled around for a long time. They would throw the ball and catch it, throw and catch. Over and over, it didn't seem very appealing to you. So your eyes wandered to your neighbor's house. Maybe you could sneak by your friend Mary's house and be back by dinner.
Quickly you slide over to Mary's slipping through her back door.

"Ponyboy Curtis!" Her mouth dropped. You furrowed your eyebrows as you pinned another curl to her head. She fixated at your reflection in her vanity mirror, and you stared back.

"What about him?" You asked, she rolled her eyes.

"You know he should be in your grade, but he moved up because he's so gosh darn smart. He's in my biology class," she was silent for a long time. "He could be rather dumb for some things. Like around his friends...he doesn't use his head," she went back to focusing on her hair. But you weren't finished, you were intrigued now.

"Is he kind?" You pondered.

"Oh, well for a greaser, yes. Alone in class, he could be a real charmer. He's got a way with words probably because of all the reading he does,"

You sighed,

"Well, I don't know, Mary. Even my mom thinks he's something else," you stopped for a moment.
Your mother.

Your mother will be home soon.

The turkey!!!

"Oh shit!" You fell back from Mary's vanity, trying to get out of her room so fast. She gasped,

"What did you just say!?"

You had no time to exude yourself. Your vision became blurred, and you ran down the stairs hoping the fence to your house. Smoke filled the windows, but and you heard disruptive shouting from the boys.

This might have a different tone from my other imagines since it is from a 13-year-old. The next part is all about you and Ponyboy, so stay tuned.