Sodapop

For ClydesdaleGirl17

Pepsi Cola is like 15 here so my boi is still in school

I stared at him a lot. Maybe a little more than I should have, but who could blame me? Here I was a 15-year-old girl who sits right in back of a boy who was probably the most handsome teenage boy there was. I stared at his eyes when he looked down at his paper, he'd be so focused he wouldn't even notice. I would stare at his hair or his smile, his breathtaking smile. Under all of that, I could tell school wasn't his strong spot. I knew he wasn't the brightest, but he was the sweetest. Now his friend Steve, that boy was a whole different story. He was bouncing off the walls every 3 seconds, part of the reason why Sodapop couldn't get anything done was Steve yelling at the top of his lungs about cars, trucks, girls and,  Elvis. He could be mighty annoying at times, I had both of them for Language Arts and Math. Today I was in English, I sat in the very back of the class. I had finished the assigned work and was simply reading. That is until Steve Randel yelled out my name,

"Sophi!" I looked up slowly, across the room Steve waved his hand everyone looked towards me. I furrowed my eyebrows, Steve wore a soft smile, "C'mere, will ya. My buddy needs some help,". I glanced at the teacher who only smiled and nodded allowing me to go over. I stood up and walked over, my long hair swaying swiftly. Steve stood up and offered me his chair. "Don't go too fast, he's a bit slow with things," Sodapop's eyes went wide and he punched Steve's shoulder. Steve went to the back of the class taking my seat, I sat there awkwardly as Soda sighed and looked over at me.

"I'm sorry, I just told him I didn't understand and the next thing I know you're here," He said. His voice was so sweet, it took nearly all my courage to meet his gaze,

"Don't worry about it. What can I help you with?" like that everything else came pretty naturally. I helped him finish his paper and after we talked. About the craziest things, we laughed and laughed and then we talked some more. Every once in a while I'd look around and receive mean looks from the other girls in the class. I'd look away and go back to talking like normal and from the corner of my eye I could see Steve with the biggest smile on his face.

During math he'd look back more than he usually would, he'd give me little smiles. He wouldn't even pay attention to Steve, instead, he'd quietly whistle to catch my attention when I was focused and when I looked up he'd make funny face imitating the boring teacher. Part of me was happy to have him as a Friend. I didn't think of him in any other way, that's only because he saw me as a friend too. At least I thought he did, the rest of the day I second guessed myself. I mean a goofy boy like him would surely give happy smiles to anyone. Maybe just because we started talking he was just being friendly? What if he did like me? What would I do? He doesn't, he just doesn't. We're friends that's all just friends...friends...boy and girl friends...Not a boyfriend and a girlfriend?! No! How could you think that!? We are just friends...

The next few days he'd do the same, little smiles, little talks walking through the halls and random little whistles to catch my attention. Until one day when he seemed so frustrated, he wouldn't even look up. I was finished and reading when I saw him holding his head in his hands. I tapped his shoulder lightly, he looked shocked for a second but when he turned around he smiled.

"Hey," he whispered, I smiled.

"Hi," His grin grew a bit, "Do you need some help?" He nodded almost instantly. He stood up and placed his paper on my desk then sat down straddling the back of the chair. Sodapop was a visual learning I took note of that the first time we talked. So, I tried to make finding Area and Perimeter easy. (I know this is like not that advanced math like I learned it in grade 3).

"I just don't really understand anything much," he spoke softly. I looked down at the Complex Problem and nodded. It was an irregular shape, it sorta looked like a house with a triangle on a square.

"Alright, so you play baseball right?" I asked he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, why?" I smiled and clapped my hands excitedly, which earned a chuckle from him."What?" he questioned,

"Watch this," I grabbed the paper, "Let's forget about the triangle for a second and were left with a square like a baseball square," I smiled, Soda grinned.

"Baseball Diamond Doll," he whispered, I blushed and looked down. Not at the confusion between Diamond and square, but the nickname doll.

"L-Let's pretend it's a square. So, the square is 25 feet so if the runner runs one they run 25 feet. How many if they run 2 bases?" Soda kept his eyes on the paper as he thought doing the math in his head. I admired him and his soft, but sharp features.

"50 feet?" I smiled,

"Exactly," I said softly, he looked up his eyes glowing. "Now do that for all four," he nodded his finger tracing the outline of the shape, his finger being the runner.

"50 feet...75...100," I nodded,

"Touch down!" I giggled the bell rang and everyone began to get up. He smiled then furrowed his eyebrows,

"It's called a home run," he laughed. I shook my head,

"Sodapop I've been alive for 15 years. It's always been a touchdown," I stood up taking my books in my hand, quickly he stood up too.

"Why don't I take you to one," He said quickly before I could leave. I turned towards him,

"What?" he picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder jogging towards me,

"Let me take you to a game. I'll pay and everything, then you can watch one since clearly in your 15 years of being alive you haven't," he chuckled, I tried my hardest not to blush. I nodded and managed to keep my cool, He smiled wide and set his backpack on a desk taking out a notebook. "Here, give me your number. I'll call you with the details. That sound good doll?" He said. His voice sweet as always,

"That sounds just fine," I grabbed the pencil behind his ear and wrote my number.

"It's a date then," he looked up his eyes soft and young. I nodded,

"A date,"

So, I know I didn't publish a preference for Halloween like I did for all my other books. I know I said I would, but I was so busy. A lot of Fall/Winter Preferences and imagines coming. A Thanksgiving preference soon hopefully! I'm getting through request finally, sorry this was kinda weird.