Chapter IX

Y/N's POV

I got a text from Chae-Young. She said she wants us to meet somewhere else. If I remember correctly what happened this morning, She told me has a surprise for me. Well, not really a surprise but she said she wants to show me something.

She told me we shall meet in the park, where the ice cream truck is usually parked. So I finished my shift and went there as fast as I could. I was sitting on a bench scrolling through my phone, as two hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who it is" The strong scentnof her perfume filled my nostrils which put a smile on my face. I know it's Chae-Young, but I want to tease her..
"Hm.. I can't put my fingers around it. Show yourself, stranger!" I laughed. She sighed in frustration and sat next to me. We were sitting in the shadows, as dark time was approaching. She wasn't covering her eyes this time, but her mask and cap were still on.

"Y/N, I hope you won't run away from me. I want you to know that I trust you and I need this to be our little secret. I hope you'll understand the reason why I had to hide and hopefully you'll look at me with the same eyes" She grabbed my hand. I could feel my heart racing as I tried to control my breathing.

"Chae-Young, what do you mean? You're my friend! I'll always understand you and even if I don't, I'll try my best" She took a deep breath while letting go of my hand. Her eyes were closed and she lowered her head, she took her mask off and tugged the cap over her face. and her cap was covering her face.
"Here goes nothing. God, I hope it's worth it." She said under her breath. She took her cap off and looked deeply into my eyes. My jaw dropped.

"Wait. Hold on a minute..." I squinted my eyes like I was trying to take a closer look. I was left speechless. I stood up and covered my mouth
"I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner, but it's not so easy for me to show my face in public, Y/N. I feel a real connection between us, It was killing me from the inside, I had to show you who I really am. And now I'm here doing it. Please, I don't want to regret trusting you, keep this between the two of us" I kept staring at her, covering my mouth as I was still processing everything. Nodding my head, I snapped back to reality
"Thank you so much, Y/N! This means the world to me" She wrapped her arms around my
Shoulders, her face buried into my neck. I hugged her back, I was still shocked. I felt like I was holding an angel, but this angel was sobbing.

I pulled away from her, tears were rolling down her cheeks. I wiped them off with sleeve
"Is this happy crying or?" She smiled
"I don't know..I'm happy you're not mad, but I'm always worried that if my managers find out I did this they'll kill me, but I'm so relieved I can finally be myself" she wiped her nose.
"Of course I'm not mad, I get it. You're as famous as my brother, I know how tough it is and how harsh managers can be sometimes. But I'm Happy and shocked that you are risking your life for me! I feel honoured and I won't mess it up, I'm by your side, ok?" I gave her another hug.
"Thank you" she whispered into my ear. My heart was still racing I couldn't control it.

"I want to spend more time with you before heading back home, wanna take a walk with me?"
"Sure, let's go" I took her hand.