Diecisiete

(a/n: you might have noticed that i've taken down ANWO. it's a harsh decision on my part because it paved the path for this story, however my school schedule is getting more and more hectic so i decided to retain this one based on reader count. but don't worry i still have ANWO in my desktop together with the unpublished chapters and when break starts i will published it again. as for this, you might have read that i intend to publish this chapters on September 10 but unfortunately i got a copy of our school schedule and it's the worst, i only have Sundays for rest TT_TT. so i am going to publish the September share. just wait for the next chapter after our midterm..........yep it'll be after our midterm which will be *cough* on October. again i ask for your understanding guys, my profs are way stricter this year so i can't screw up on my studies this time.)

_______________________________________________________________________

"here miss, let's drink the night away as we celebrate and lament how you found and lost your crush at the same day" I almost gave Alexei a straight kick but Gram beat me to it when he knocked him on the head. "ouch!"

"Serve's you right" Mason said as he retrieve the root beer Alexei place in front of me and replaced it with iced tea. The five of us are hanging out on the pool side, its already dusk. brother's with father and mother talking about something while Kana went to check a relative who just check in recently so I am hanging out with my body guards.

"are you okay?" Hugh ask and I nodded "its okay, you're still young so you'll have another chance in the near future"

"I am okay, no need to fuss over me. besides it's not like I was heartbroken or anything" I walk to the pool and sat on the edge dipping my feet on the water as I look up at the sky, stars had already started to litter it. Looking at it I suddenly remember the one picture sent to me by my informant when I asked him to send me something he's interested in and he sent me a picture from the internet of the constellation Virgo.

"its good that you're finally smiling" I look up and saw Gram looking at me with worry

"I've told you already I am fine" I stand up

"Catherine?" I turn to the left and see a familiar looking woman smiling as she walk towards me. it's Leila Takano, the king's mother!!!! "what are you doing here? are you waiting for someone?"

"ummm.....no ma'am I am just passing the time here" she smiled at me and somehow I can't help but think on how did they managed to birth an unfeeling son like Ryuuji when his parents have a very relaxed and smiling countenance.

"no need to call me ma'am, you can just call me auntie or if you like I would not also mind it if you can call me mom" if the word 'auntie' surprised me the word 'mom' shocked me.

"ummm....." I look around me for help but aside from my bodyguards who are standing at a discreet distance no one is around us

"oh...you look cute looking flustered" oka-----y..... she suddenly hugged me that I became rigid in an instant. "you said you're just passing the time right?" she asked after she let go, I nodded in answer "good, then why not accompany me"

"eh?"

"come, let's have a girl bonding" before I could utter a single word I am already being dragged away by her.

"from the time Catalina had talked about you I've been wanting to meet you ever since" turns out Ryuuji's mother want me to accompany her shopping "she's always ranting about how her daughter is suddenly starting to become a tomboy"

"eh?"

"Catalina dreams of having a girly daughter that she could play dress up with" I remember those bunch of shopping bags from France and Australia that mother always bought every time she went abroad that contains tons of clothes for me and how mother always made me do a small fashion show for her. Thank god those started to ease when I reach middle school, although she still loves to buy me clothes and shoes, she never let me do a fashion show anymore. "so when you started taking interest in sports she have been telling me that you've been heavily influence by your brother" she took a dress and lift it on my direction "then my husband started telling me about Jirou's daughter, about how she cooks for him and give him homemade valentines chocolates" she giggled and I can't help but feel shy "it makes me more determined to meet you" she took another dress and lift it on my direction again "and I am glad I finally did today" she went to the other aisle and check their clothes. "here, try this Catherine" she put the clothes she'd pick on my hands and gestured the sales lady to usher me on the changing room