Sesenta y cinco

"guys had you seen my math notebook?"

"hmmm, did you not just put it there before we left"

"I know but it's not here anymore" I try to remember any possible place on where I put my notebook but aside from putting it under my table I can't remember anything. "I really remember putting it here before leaving" I scratch my head before reaching my bag and checking it. Unfortunately my notebook is not there.

"let it go, maybe someone mistakenly took it"

"impossible, it's under her table" Rin said calmly "did you notice something weird around you lately?" I shake my head but somehow I don't feel so sure.

"miss Catherine" I almost run back inside the comfort room when the Heroine suddenly showed up.

"Monique"

"can I talk to you for a minute" I nodded, she smiled before walking ahead as I follow.

We walked for a while till we ended up coming behind the school building. Some classes are currently on going so not many students are roaming around and the surroundings are relatively quiet. Somehow the atmosphere is making me nervous in a not so good way, is this it? The so called confrontation?

"miss Catherine"

"hmm?"

"do you like Ryuuji?" I stood there staring at Monique not because I was taken aback by her question but because I was surprised at myself for feeling unsure. I want to immediately say no but a part of me, a small part of me is hesitating, unsure, and uncertain about speaking it out loud. "I like Ryuuji miss Catherine. I know the two of you were friends but I ask of you that if you don't feel anything for him can you please leave him alone" shocked is the right word to what I'm feeling right now after I heard her. Seriously asking me to leave him? aren't I supposed to be the one blurting that line? "Ryuuji and I had been interacting fine this past few weeks but because he's thinking of you, his friend, he started avoiding me all of a sudden" I frowned when he put emphasis on the word friend.

"Her—I mean Monique just what are you getting at?"

"stay away from Ryuuji, stop restricting him. just because you're friends doesn't mean you have a hold on him" somehow her words really tick me off.

"can you even hear yourself? Look Monique, you don't have the right to say those things to me as compared to my relationship with Ryuuji, you're a complete nobody" somehow this kind of attitude doesn't match with her character in the manga. No more like none of the manga characters I know retained their original personality from the manga!!!!!

"I'm not a nobody! You could clearly infer from Ryuuji's action the past few weeks that he prefers me over you! stop your jealousy and delusion already, stop interfering between Ryuuji and I" I feel a headache coming! Did the heroine bump her head somewhere?

"you know what, this talk is nonsense" I better leave before I forgot that she's the heroine.

"wait Catherine!" I stopped when she grabbed my hand "can't you just give him to me?"

"Monique"

"l like him, I really like him, you might think I'm crazy but this is the first time I've felt this way" I push her hands away.

"Ryuuji is not a thing and he was never mine" I walk away

"yet, he still choose to come back to you, if he was not really yours then what does that mean?" I stopped and without looking back