Treinta y siete

(a/n: review guys......review.....)

"Catherine" he called me out in the classroom and we're currently standing on the pathway behind the middle school building. It's the same pathway I used to take every time I went to visit brother in the highschool section and it's the same place Kana had mentioned as the number one confessing spot in the school. this is also the same place where I saw Ryuuji and Aoi getting confessed to in valentines day. but I never expect that I would be standing here right now with president Jansen with this kind of awkward atmosphere around us. "i like you" I look at him as my mind tries to process his words. I know that it's not the first time he'd told me he likes me but.............i never took those words seriously because I only thought he was just fascinated with me moreover the way he said 'I like you' that easily makes me think that he's not serious. But now looking at how serious he is and the way how his eyes screams of the same, I can't help but feel some sort of tug in my heart plus this is the first time in my two lifetimes that someone confesses to me!!!! so I don't know what to do. "Catherine?"

"ummmmm......" how do I say this? what do I do in this kind of situation? What do I do? I look around me in panic as I try to think of what to tell him. I kind of feel happy with his feelings of liking me but it ends there. yet, at the same time seeing as he is actually serious about me, I can't help but feel guilty on how I treated him before. It's just that he had this weird vibe around him that my body just turn into complete rejection mode plus I really find it weird when he suddenly said he likes me after seeing me eat those cup noodles.

"you don't need to look like that" I look at him.....really look at him for the first time and I can't help but notice that he looks so different when he's this serious. I only saw him as someone who is playful and cheerful, the my pace kind of guy so I don't feel comfortable around him but seeing him looking serious like this makes me feel like I am finally looking at the real Jansen and somehow I feel more at peace when he's this serious.

"president....."

"can't you at least call me by my name again" I bit my lip and nodded

"Jansen.....i...." he held up his hand to stop me

"no need to say it. I already knew......" I clench my fist. A sudden feeling of sadness and bitterness started to fill my mouth. I never knew that rejecting someone could be this hard. "I knew that you don't feel anything for me" I bowed my head "hey, why do you look so down?" i.....i never imagine that I would be doing this. when I read the manga and saw a scene like this I just brush it off. And now that I am in this kind of situation I never knew that it could hurt like this. I don't want to hurt him but I know that I am guilty of it. Seeing him in this situation and finally knowing that he really is serious I can't help but be angry of myself about the things I did. I shouldn't have run away from him, I shouldn't have treated him as some stranger, I should've treated him better.

"I'm sorry" I'm sorry for everything

"hey no need. When I fell for you I am already prepared for something like this" that makes it more hard for me you know. Argh!!!!! Now I am feeling really bad about what I did! "besides you don't have to look so pained Catherine, I am already prepared for your rejection" when I look at him I knew that he's lying because despite the smile in his face I could see pain in his eyes.

"i...we....." I like to tell him that we could be friends but somehow I feel like telling him that kind of words right now and in this situation doesn't feel right. "I'm sorry" I know I'm just repeating my words but that's really what I think is the best to portray my feelings right now.