Cincuenta y Seis

"it's so peaceful" I mumbled as I feel the cool air hitting my face

"yeah, I never felt like this before" Kana who's lying beside me agreed in a lazy tone

"I miss this" Rin's voice is full of nostalgia

"yeah........i miss this" I said while trying to contain my emotions. It had been what? Six, seven years since I'd been together with these two? When I recovered my memories I grieved of the times that I could've been with my family and friends. I endured the pain during those months where I was still familiarizing myself of my new environment. I buried myself on the thought that I should accept what is already in front of me, though I feel guilty every time that it feels less and less painful to remember the past. Truth to be told I thought that with the passing of time I had already forget all the memories and accepted the pain but with Rin's revelation I came to understand that those memories that I've tried to forget were never forgotten they're just buried in the deepest recess of my brain. The feelings that I thought would never affect me again is still there, the pain, the sorrow and the regrets, though they're not as hard to accept as before it still lingers in me.

"by the way, somehow I feel rather bad that Sky, I mean Kana had been with me all along yet I never even realized it but you Rin......" I trailed off as I open my eyes and look at her.

"don't worry Catherine, that's only to be expected from you since I really didn't change" I agree with her however what kind of friend am I that I can't even recognize her? Doesn't that only shows that I am not really a friend if I did not even notice anyth.....wait, now that I think about it there's nothing in Kana that would really make me connect her with Sky. "you realized something don't you?" Kana asked

"you?...."

"don't despair Catherine, you won't really notice anything Sky-like from her since she's different from before"

"oh? But didn't you figured me out easily Rin"

"that's because I could smell your stench from miles away"

"guys....."

"hmph! Anyway, although the two of you are really close friends back then, Sky is practically living in the hospital and she only had a limited array of activities where you two could actually bond. Unlike in this world where Kana is not restricted by her illness, she's bound to change."

"Rin's right, so don't beat yourself up on thinking over circumstances that is different from right now" I sighed

"well you're right. I only knew the Sky who is battling over her illness so I did not even associate her with the Kana who is full of vigor and life"

"well what can I say, I finally had a healthy body, I should make the most of it"

"you three!" the three of us flinched in surprise when a voice suddenly cut in our conversation. we immediately stood to face the new comer. My heart is beating real fast due to nervousness, it's the first day of class and the three of us are immediately caught cutting class by a teacher, this is bad. "why are the three of you not in class?" when I saw Raijin wearing his sports jersey I immediately let out a sigh of relief. Although Raijin is one of the teacher here, out of all the teacher in the high school section he's the safest bet. "oho.....so it's the little devil's group" his gaze landed on Rin "and looks like you've got a new recruit. Do you three know the consequence of cutting class?" seeing his serious expression that is so like Ryuuji, somehow it made me realize that I was too naïve to think that he's the safest bet right now. I should've remember that he's on the same bloodline as Ryuuji whose personality turns ten times worst when he's on work mode!