Veintiocho

"Catherine!!!" I stop out of respect

"senior" I smiled at Jansen who just become the current student council president in the high school section

"can you at least call me by my name" I don't want to

"I need to respect my senior"

"but Liya told me that you never even called them that" urk.....

"they're my brother's colleague so....."

"call me by my name Catherine, c'mon there's nothing big about it"

"senior"

"Jansen" I sighed

"Jansen" somehow his expression suddenly brightened up and he had this big smile on his face that it's infectious, making me smile at him in return.

"you finally called me by my name and you even smiled at me"

"............." I averted my gaze, this guy had a strong charisma....whew.....i was almost taken over by it "but what are you doing here in the middle school section? do you have a business here?"

"no, I just came to give you this" he handed me the paper bag he's holding "I got this for you" it feels bad to turn it down since he came all the way from the high school section to give it to me so I just accept it. I peered at the content and notice the familiar label. "those are chocolate bonbons"

"t-thank you"

"say.......if you like, you can come visit me at the student council I have a variety of snacks there so if you feel like it you can come and visit anytime"

"oh....what's this?" Kana who just came from the library went to my table and take a look at the red box of chocolates I am eating.

"bonbons, want some?"

"gimme" she took one "where did you get it from?"

"Jansen, we met at the hallway a while ago"

"ohhhh......romance seems to be the highlight for you this year"

"stop that! there's no romance thingy for me okay!"

"yeah right, anyway, stop eating this, bonbons have liqueur and you can't hold your wine so once is enough" I nodded and I set it back inside the paper bag. "but I did not think that you would easily surrender to Jansen's charm when Ryuuji and Aoi doesn't even seem to affect you. could it be that he's you're type?"

"I admit that he really exudes a strong charisma but that's it. I just find it too troublesome to run away every time I see him plus I don't have the energy to verbally contradict him every time we meet"

"you're starting to act like Ryuuji. His influence is rubbing on you"

"you think so? Is it because we're always together because of work that I am starting to unconsciously pick his habits?"

"could be"

"should I distance myself from him for a while?"

"you sure?" suddenly his cold unfeeling gaze popped up in my mind that I immediately reconsider my initial plan.

"that first year is really too much, who does she think she is?"

"did you get targeted too?"