THE END AND A NEW BEGINNING

"i....i....i...." I want to answer him, I want to say I love him too but for some reason no words could come out off my mouth. "i...." I tried one last time but I still can't. My inability to relay my feelings made me look down in disappointment

Why?
Why can't I say those words?
What will I do if I don't tell him my answer?
What if he thinks that I don't like him?

w
While I was mulling over my inability to tell my feelings I suddenly heard Ryuuji chuckle.

"It's alright cat" suddenly, warmth envelops me as Ryuuji hugged me closer to him "I understand. I perfectly get it loud and clear" when I heard his soft comforting voice tinge with happiness, I reciprocated his hug.

"ng!"

While the fireworks and live band is creating noise outside our hearts are creating music inside. I listen to Ryuuji's heartbeat that is so attuned to mine and it feels like miracle.

"Cat" Ryuuji slowly losen his hug and face me. When our foreheads touch I can't help but close my eyes. "Cat I want to kiss you" I tighten my hold on his shirt when I heard him.

Opening my eyes I saw his green eyes locked into mine. The fireworks outside seems to make his eyes sparkle "is it okay?"

"don't ask m—mph!" my eyes open wide when his warm lips met mine. The fireworks behind his back made everything seems so surreal that my head just blanked out while my heartbeat seems to triple in speed.

"Do you still want to join them?" Ryuuji asked close to my ears making me blush, my ears tingling from the touch of his hot breath.

Ryuuji and I are seated on the large sofa overlooking outside where the event is currenlt on going. Arms around my waist he put his chin on top of my head as we watch night star, the party still going strong below.

Ryuuji's sudden actions took me by surprise yet for some unknown reason his moves feel more natural and at the same time, familiar. His actions  are sweeter and warmer, that although it makes me feel awkward at first I find myself gradually welcoming his gestures. His awkwardly natural yet familiar gestures, just thinking about it puts an immediate smile on my lips

"you're fast" I grumbled

"hmm?"

"aren't you supposed to be the cold type, you almost had me fooled but look at this" I raise my hand that he had in his "and this" I look up to him to point out our position but he just give my forehead a peck "and that!"

"oh? But I was never cold with you Cat" I puff air, I really can't refute him because indeed what he said was true, he was cold to others and even though I thought he was cold to me he continues to prove otherwise.

"why me?" I suddenly asked "I can't remember doing anything that could've caught your attention"

"why not you?"

"Ryuuji!" he just chuckled

"I don't know, I was interested in you since our first chat, then when I saw you my interest grew into fascination and I just woke up one day and realize that I've already fallen for you. Don't ask why and how because even I don't know the reasons. All I know is that I love your cat eyes, I love your curly hair, the way you get back at me by cooking my most hated foods, the way you run away from me, everything...I just love everything about you." my face feels hot all over and it will not be an exaggeration to state that because of Ryuuji's words, I could be emitting smoke due to its effect. "then cat wha—"

"let's go home!" I immediately let go of his hand and stood. I had a feeling that if we stay here any longer I will be having a heart attack!

I could feel Ryuuji's amused gaze behind my back but I just pretend not to notice it as I went and grab my bag.