Cuarenta y siete

"I heard that demonic brat is the student council president. So he had to be here" I scrunch my nose when I heard some noise

"aniki you better think twice....."

"there's no need for second thoughts here Ichi" father? Father?! I wake up with a startle after my realization

"oh you're awake" my eyes open wide when I saw Ryuuji looking down on me. why is he looking down on me? "guess the noise woke you up" as if on cue the door suddenly open up and in came father and uncle!

"you demon—" father gasp as his pointed finger lower than until it points at me "wha...wha.....catherine! why are you using that demon's lap as a pillow?!" say what?! I look at father then at Ryuuji before looking down and I saw his shoes then I look at Ryuuji again. After the information finally registered in my brain I immediately sat up and look at him how did it end up like this????? I remember sleeping here on the sofa alone so how did I end up using your lap as my pillow?!

"president?" I asked him and he took his gaze off from the papers he's reading

"you look uncomfortable when I came in so I help you up"

"ah" I bowed down my head "okay" I said in a soft tone.

"that....that....stay away from him Catherine!" father suddenly pulled me up and he placed me behind him "you!" father pointed a finger at Ryuuji "how dare you touch my daughter! how dare you make my daughter sleep in your lap! Shameless brat"

"father!"

"keep quiet Catherine, don't try to defend that brat!" I sigh, father you're giving meaning to something that is meaningless!

"uncle"

"I told you before to not call me uncle!"

"father" I look in Ryuuji with shock while uncle Ichi and father look at him in disbelief

"y-you...w-what did you just call me?"

"father"

"shameless....utterly shameless" I could feel father shivering "I'm going to kill you!!!!!" I was utterly stunned when I notice a gun in father's holster and when he seems to be trying to take it out I stopped father's hand

"father no!" father look at me

"w-why?" eh??? Father's eyes started to tear up "Catherine, I'm trying to protect you from the clutches of this evil brat so why are you protecting him?!"

"father! No one's protecting anyone! Anyway Ryuuji did not do anything for father to act like this"

"not doing anything? That brat is doing everything to take you away from me!" I lean my head at the palm of my left hand before letting out a sigh

"father no one is taking me away from you so please calm down!" I can't help but raise a tone "if you don't listen to me I'm going to call mother!" father look at me as if I did something wrong before he finally stop, even the killing aura that surrounds him had started to disperse. "that, president...."

"no need to apologize, father just seems to really care for you" I tried to smile but I'm sure it turned out as a grimace after I heard him use the word 'father'