Cincuenta y Siete

(a/n: i had a two day break before my exam so i decided not to make you wait anymore......enjoy)

I look at the white apron in front of me, I then turn back and saw our male classmates sitting at the back as they observe us. excitement and amusement is written on their faces, well aside from one man who had his whole attention to the book he's reading, everyone seems to be excited about the class.

It had been a week since the opening ceremony, and some manga plots had been progressing smoothly. Like in the manga Monique and Ryuuji joined the archery club together with Aoi, as for Rin she followed me in the karate club while Kana joined the tennis club. Another manga moment that had progressed is that Monique and Aoi is steadily getting closer.

"you girls might be wondering what this class is?" I look at the small kitchen station in front of me, then at the tray of fresh produce on the side. Last week this two hour class were still not in implementation, when someone asked, they were given a vague answer so technically this is our first meeting. "the school director had gone and visit some school around the country to look into any interesting new knowledge that could be added in our curriculum. The ideas were presented to the board and this class came out as the winner"

"why do I feel like she's talking about home ec" Rin murmured beside me, our station is close so I could faintly hear her. In my head I was already confirming Rin, everything inside the room screams of home economics, relatively this subject is present in our past life however since this Academy caters to the rich and famous such subject is bound to not be in the curriculum

"this subject will divide the class in two, the girls will be learning a thing or two about dishes and pastries with me while the boys will be having a technical crash course in another room. Of course today is an exception because the boys will be watching your first performance...." The teacher, a woman in her late twenties wearing the standard white blouse and black skirt, started lecturing on the general knowledge involving food, nutrients and balance diet. "well then, I supposed every one of you knows how to use a stove. So today I will be giving you a short test" she paused for a second "in order for me to know where to start" she walk and stopped in front of the trays of ingredients "using the ingredients here, I want you to cook something" she smiled when the majority of the girls groaned in protest "you can utilize the cook books if you want, I won't hinder you. I don't care what kind of food you'll make me, as long as you serve me one, that's okay. because the purpose of this test is for me to know how shall I approach this class. You have an hour left so you all can begin" with an excited and anticipated look in her eyes the teacher then sat on the sideline and watch as most of our female classmates crowded on the side where the ingredients are.

"great! Aside from melting chocolates, i have no idea anymore" Kana grumbled

"I only know how to heat water" I look at Rin in disbelief, Kana is understandable since for some reason or another she's a kitchen jinx.

"didn't you know how to cook back then?" I asked Rin

"nope, I only know how to heat things in the microwave and heat water, that's the extent of my culinary knowledge" I gave out a sigh

"c'mon, let's see the cook books and find something for you two" while I look for simple recipes for the two of them, one by one, those student who had knowledge in the kitchen head back to their station and started their prep, of course one of them is the protagonist, Monique.

Kana and Rin decided to just cook porridge since according to them it's pretty easy, with that I just left them on their own and I started gathering my ingredients. I choose to cook omurice per my two friends request. According to them they miss it already so I must compensate for that and cook it for them.