Cuarenta y ocho

"so what do you guys want to do this coming thirty first?" Hailey, our class president asked in a jolly manner.

"how about going to somewhere in the west and experience their haunted castle?" one student suggested.

"rejected" Ryuuji immediately intervened "aside from official school trips going to some other country just to celebrate the Halloween as a class shall not be allowed" after Ryuuji deliver those words in a chilling tone the hyper and excited attitude of everyone in class was immediately extinguished. This guy are you a human blizzard??????

"t-then h-how about a costume party?" one brave student suggested, almost everyone turned to Ryuuji, waiting for his comment and when he did not said anything, class president immediately write the suggestion on the board.

"costume party eh...." I heard Kana behind me "then I recommend test of courage!"

"Test of Courage?" the class president asked

"hehe. It's like this, our class shall be divided in two, Group A and Group B. Group A will dress themselves up as ghost and they shall be stationed in specific areas within the chosen venue while Group B will then be group in pairs and they shall be undergoing the courage test. The pairs who will be able to get from the finish line shall be rewarded while those who won't be able to make it shall be punished" hearing Kana's suggestion everyone suddenly turned excited.

"are there any suggestions? Then we'll have a vote to see......" Hailey laugh "I guess there's no need for it. Then is everyone amiable with the Test of Courage"

"yes!"

"looks like Halloween will be fun this year" Aoi then raised his hand "to make it more fun how about we from the student council will be the one to provide for the punishment and the prizes" everyone look at Aoi with conflicting emotion then their gazes moved to Ryuuji.

"hmmm" he nodded and everyone shouted in glee, I sigh on my chair did they forgot about the word 'punishment'? "need something?" Ryuuji suddenly turned to me?

"ah......a-about the punishment......never mind" I slumped back on my desk as I mentally cursed myself for having my mind in disarray!!

"so then next on our agenda will be the division of the class, the venue, and the security"

"are you guys sure this place is safe?" I ask my companions when we went to inspect the venue for our test of courage. Kana suggested an old abandoned Victorian mansion in their neighborhood. According to her the house had been sitting in the end of their street for more than twenty years after the owner migrated outside the country.

"it's safe I already asked the homeowners president regarding the safety" I still looked at the house with apprehensiveness. Dead leaves and knee high weeds are scattered around the lawn, the stone pathway leading to the house had weeds growing on the spaces in each brick pavement, the fountain in the center is devoid of water and is covered with dried moss and roots while the empty house looks imposing despite the shrubs and vines that are covering its walls.

"I checked it's history. No murders or unnecessary death occurred here so there's no problem in the ghost area as for the insides of the house, according to the home owners president everything is still in place and it's quite safe to conduct the test of courage here"