Setenta y uno

(a/n: i know i promised to post this chapter last monday but things happens. anyway i will only be posting this chapter first, i actually forgot to check my mails resulting for me to overlook our assigned final exam this summer hence i'm running on a tight schedule. this chapter was done two weeks ago but i had to revised it again which made a mess with my schedule. sorry for now.
P.S the rain had started to subside though there's still a LPA lurking)

"You're finally awake" I closed my eyes tightly when it was immediately attacked by a blinding white light. ignoring the familiar voice beside me, I massaged my throbbing temple before slowly opening my eyes again. white ceiling greeted my tired eyes, I tried recalling what happened earlier but aside from talking with Monique all I have is blank

I tried to sit up to inspect my surroundings but the sudden movement just made my head throb in pain.

"aww" touching my head I notice something sticking out on my right hand, following the clear and transparent line, I saw it connected on an IV drip. Suddenly cold sweat slowly formed on my back. IV drip, it's not serious right?

"judging from your expression it seems that you already have an idea" I gulp and look to my left and even though brother was not the one sitting there I still had the same urge to run away and hide when I saw Ryuuji's cold expression.

"that....." I remember how Ryuuji reminded me to not over exert myself and brother's stern warning. These two guys might not be the same but the two of them is just as equally frightening. "i....i...." I was planning to bluff my way out but when Ryuuji frowned I immediately bowed my head "I'm sorry"

"you're sorry that you fainted or sorry that you exerted yourself and did not listen to me?"

"b-both" I said like a diligent child

"running around the campus when you're still not well and fainting while you're at it, giving worry and problem to others"

"i....i'm sorry"

"Catherine! Are you....." Ryuuji and I both look at the door when it suddenly opened and in came Kana and Rin. Kana's jovial attitude freeze in place while warily looking at us. Rin who seems to have read the mood just nodded before grabbing Kana by the collar of her uniform to drag her out of the room.

Wait.....don't leave me here!!!! cried my heart

"you will be staying here the entire day"

"eh?"

"you have any objections?" I immediately shake my head.

"even if the drip empties out you'll stay here for rest, I'll be heading here after class and I expect to see you here resting"

"okay" when Ryuuji stood up I still had my head bowed down, I only look at him when he patted my head.

"don't make me worry cat" I open my mouth slightly in surprise when I saw the worry in his eyes "rest well" when he touch my cheeks and I feel like my fever just rose another degree.

When Ryuuji leave the room I remain stiffly sitting as I watch his shadow behind the door when he had gone back, based on his shadow leaving, I immediately grab a pillow to scream. I held my head while smiling like an idiot before hugging my pillow while rolling around the bed, laughing like a fool.

"ahermn!" I stopped at what I am doing when someone clears her throat near me, stiffening up like corpse, I prayed, even though it is impossible, that no one is behind me. wanting to cry yet no tears I slowly turn to my back . Seeing our school nurse standing there while looking at me with amusement I just want to jump from the window or better yet grab a shovel to bury my own self. It was too embarrassing!!! When the school nurse laugh I buried myself under the pillows "don't worry Catherine I won't tell it to Ryuuji" that doesn't help at all. "but to see the queen acting cute like this, the whole academy will go ballistic if someone saw you like that" I gave our school nurse a blank stare but she just chuckled "anyway, just rest there, I still have a class to attend to" I just nodded at our school nurse when she waved good bye before closing the door.