CHAPTER 24 [before you kiss me]

I end up in a park that I soon realise is near the why don't we house. I'm tempted to go to theirs but something is stopping me. I'm sitting on a swing, I check my phone and see that its 7:30pm. I've been gone for 2 hours. I've got several texts from my mum, none from my dad. No surprise there. I don't know why I ever wanted him to come back, he only causes arguments.

"Luna" I hear, I look up and see Logan. I wipe my tears off my face as he walks closer to me. "what are you doing here" he asks, sitting the swing next to me. "err, I was about to go to the boys' house" I say, "you're crying" he says, "I was" I say. "wanna talk about it" he asks, "no, not really" I say, looking down at my feet. "okay" he says, he stands up. "I'll you see you at the house" he says, "oh and happy birthday" he says. I smile. "thanks" I say.

10 minutes later I go the house. No one seems to know I was crying at the park, I guess Logan never told them. "were have a surprise for you" Zach says as Corbyn and Jonah take my hand and lead me to the couch to sit me down. "okay, so Avery called us a while ago and told everything that happened" Corbyn says, I try to say something but I get cut off by Daniel. "don't say anything, we wrote this song for you, so you know we're always here and we'll stick by you through everything" he says "just gotta take the chance right in front of you, because you never know what it will bring" jack says. They start sing. Daniel plays the guitar.

'Cause only never comes when never's all you know

Tired of running from tomorrow

I lie awake on sleepless nights

Will I ever know the answer to the writing on the wall?

Will I ever find the light?

These days when struggle's all you know

These days when troubles at your door

You're doing your thing trying to cope

Don't hold onto pain let it go

'Cause never comes only when never is all that you know

You gotta take the chance right in front of you

You gotta make your plans, watcha gonna do?

This could be your last dance, so you better leave it on the floor

'Cause only never comes when never's all you know

Never's all you know

I can never know forever

Let it go without a fight

I've been searching for the answer to the writing on the wall

I've been looking for the light

These days when struggle's all you know

These days when troubles at your door

You're doing your thing trying to cope

Don't hold onto pain let it go

'Cause never comes only when never is all that you know

You gotta take the chance right in front of you

You gotta make your plans, watcha gonna do?

This could be your last dance, so you better leave it on the floor

'Cause only never comes when never's all you know

Never's all you know

I'm crying. They did that for me. The all pull me into a huge hug. Even Logan joins in. "thank you so much" I say, still crying. "we want you to know how much you mean to us" Jonah say. "I don't know what I'd do without you guys" I say. "and Logan" Logan says. I laugh. "and Logan" I say, giving him a separate hug. "yeah so about what happened" I begin, "you don't need to tell us, we want you to be happy" Zach says, "well you've definitely made me happy" I say.

I sleep at their house that night. It melted my heart when I heard the song. It was perfect and I couldn't ask for anything better. My birthday started off amazing, then it was ruined. But they knew exactly how to make it great again. Words cannot describe how much I love I have for them.

I get a bottle of water from the kitchen when I feel someone's hands on my hips. I turn to see Zach. "had a good birthday" he asks, his hands still on my hips. "thanks to you guys" I say, he leans in but I stop him. "before you kiss me, I need to tell you something" I say. "okay" he says, "if you still want to kiss me after then good, but if you don't I will understand" I say. "you're starting to scare me what is it" he says and gives out a weak laugh. I move my hair to reveal my neck, I took the makeup off earlier "me and jack hooked up last night".