CHAPTER 46 [shall I kiss him?]

His eyes are puffy and his face is red, I see tear drops on his shirt. My face falls, I hate to see him like that. But then I remember what he did. I bring myself back and I walk past him, he tries to reach for my arm to talk but I pull it away from him. I know he turned around and watched me walk down the driveway, it took everything I have not to turn back and look at him too.

I loved jack. I still love jack. Part of me will always love jack. If he didn't do what he did we'd still be together, we'd probably be together for a long time. But part of me thinks that if I chose Zach the first time around, then I wouldn't be like this now. Heartbroken. Zach is the good guy, if I chose him, this wouldn't have happened. Nothing like this would of, I trust Zach. I know he wouldn't do what jack did.

**3 days later**

Today is the first day I was able to pull myself out of bed. I've trapped myself in my room for the past 3 days. I've only spoken to Zach, Avery and sometimes Corbyn, since he's been busy with Christina. She is going home today and I feel bad I haven't spent any time with her. But, I needed time to myself, to think.

I got dressed in something cute to make me feel good about myself. I'm pleased with how I look, the first time in days.

 I'm pleased with how I look, the first time in days

I text Zach since we decided to meet up. I would go over to the why don't we house and see them all, well, all but jack. we decided to meet at the hill. I remember to put my necklace on that Zach got me on my birthday.

I grab my phone and put the things I need in a small black leather back pack that I throw over my shoulder as I walk out the door, I head to the hill and pick up a Starbucks on the way. Basic I know.

I see Zach sitting on a rock looking off the hill as I get to the top. I sneak up behind him and put my hands over his eyes. "erm, Santa?" he says, "how is that the first thing that pops into your head?" I laugh as I lower my hands from his eyes. "Luna" he says standing up and pulling me into a hug. "I've missed you" he says, "I've missed you too" I say pulling away from the hug. He looks down at my lips then back up to my eyes, "baby steps Zach, remember that" I say, he nods.

"you feeling better" he says as we walk off, "wow literally the worst thing to say to someone when all they do is feel like crap" I say sarcastically, "sorry" he says, "its fine don't worry, just messing" I say pushing his arm a little. "you look gorgeous by the way" he says, "thanks, I wanted to make an effort of my appearance since I've been in sweats the past few days" I say looking down.

He lifts my chin to look at him, "you'd look gorgeous either way" he says, I feel my cheeks go red. "you'd be saying different if you saw me like that" I say, "don't put yourself down when you've got nowhere to go but up" he says, I smile, "thank you" I say kissing his cheek. He grabs my hand and we walk back to their house closer together.

"you ready" he says as we walk up to the door, "is he here" I ask, "yeah, but he hasn't been out his room since, you know" he says, "okay" I say, "I'm ready" I say. He opens the door slowly and the first person I see in Corbyn. "bean" I scream as I run up and jump into his arms startling him a little. He hugs me then puts me down, "you look good, you should feel good, my best friend has to be good, are you good bro" he asks, I laugh a little. "I'm good bean don't worry" I say.

I then hug both Daniel and Jonah, "so what we doing" I ask, "can we swim" Jonah asks, "we always swim" I say, "yeah but it's fun" he says. I laugh. "sure, but the only swim suit I have here is in...err, jacks room" I say, awkwardly. "I'll get it" Zach says standing up straight away.

He runs upstairs to jack's room leaving me, Daniel, Corbyn and Jonah. "he hasn't stop talking about you" Daniel says, I look down to my hands, "it's too soon" I say, "I know it is but, he really likes you" Jonah says, "I don't even know how I'm feeling right now" I say, "HEY LOO I GOT IT" I hear Zach shout from upstairs, "I'll go get ready" I say standing up and walking upstairs, "you think he'll ty anything" I hear Jonah say, "not if he knows what best for him" Corbyn says.

I see a smiling Zach in his doorframe holding my swimsuit. "give it me" I say as Zach shakes it, "hmm, let me think" he says the he runs into his room and shuts the door before I get a chance to run after him. I bang on the door, "Zach open up now" I say, "one condition" I hear him say, "what" I say rolling my eyes, "one kiss" he says. I feel my cheeks go red.

I hear a door open and I see jack poke his head out his door. He looks into my eyes. My heart drops. "maybe" I shout back to Zach, me and jack's eyes are still locked. He gives me a weak smile. "I'm sorry" he says, before I get chance to reply Zach opens the door and pull me inside, closing the door after him.

I let out a breath."are you okay" he says putting a hand on my shoulder, "err yeah, I just err, I just seen jack" I say, he raises his eyebrows, "what" he says, "did he say anything to you" he says, "he err, no, no he didn't" I lie, I look up to him, "I only saw him for a second" I say, "before you pulled me into your room" I say. "don't worry, I don't think he's going to come out" he says. "good" I say.

"and that kiss" he says, "I said maybe Zachary" I say hitting his cheek. I turn around to walk off and he pulls me back, wrapping his arms around my waist. He kisses my forehead. I smile into his chest, "I like you Luna" he says, "I... I don't know yet Zach" I say, "I know" he says.

I walk off to get changed into my swim suit.

I come out to see Zach changed and on his phone

I come out to see Zach changed and on his phone. "you didn't need to wait for me" I say, "I wanted to" he says walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. He starts to lean in and so do I. Shall I kiss him.