CHAPTER 52 [I'm...]

"erm, I don't know how to tell you this" I say, "why do you want to talk to me now" he asks, "what" I say, "you want to talk about us, after weeks of not talking to me you finally want to talk to me" he says standing up, I try to say something but he carries on, "Luna, I'm sorry for everything I did you didn't let me say this to you last time" he says, "jack" I say trying to get his attention, he doesn't listen, "I get that you don't want anything to do with me but I swear if you and Zach are something then..." "JACK" I shout cutting him off and catching his attention, making him quiet.

"what" he says quietly sitting back down. "I'm..." I begin to say, "you're what Luna" he says, "please just tell me get it over with" he says, "jack" I say cutting him off again, "I'm pregnant" I say meeting his eyes. He backs away. "you're what" he says, "don't make me say it again" I say looking down, "no, this can't be happening, it isn't mine" he says standing up, he starts pacing around. "whose else could it be" I say slightly raising my voice.

"you and Zach have a thing" he says, "jack you're the only one" I say, "impossible we were safe and careful every time" he says scratching the back of his head. "not the last time" I say quieter. "shit" he mumbles. "you don't have to worry about it anyway, I'm going to take care of it" I say, "what do you mean" he says, "the situation, I'll get rid of it" I say, "no, no you can't do that" he says, he sits down and grabs my hands.

"look I know you don't want me to be, but I want to help you, I want to be in my kid's life" he says, "our kid" he says, correcting himself. "why" I say, "Luna, I love you, I'll always love you, we're in this together, I'm not the kind of guy to just leave you when you drop a bombshell" he says, "a bombshell huh" I say a bit disappointed , "not what I meant okay" he says. I look down.

"Luna, don't get rid of it, look after yourself, and when I get back after this tour, I'm all yours okay" he says. "how can I trust you" I say, "I did before but we know how that went" I say. "hey" he says grabbing my face gently, "this kid, is going to be everything to me, to us" he says, he moves his hand away, "I'm going to be a good dad, I'm always going to be there okay, you don't have to do this alone" he says, "I'm here for you okay, I promise" he says. a tear falls from my eye.

How do I know I can trust him?