Silver X Reader: Apocalypse - @tonithehegehog34

Just a reminder:
(F/C) = Favourite Colour
(A/T) = Animal Type
(F/W) = Favourite Weapon

It was a hellhole. That was the only way to describe it. A (F/C) (A/T) stalked down a deserted street. (F/W) in hands. Her ears twitched to every sound as rats fled into deserted buildings and birds flew off into the night sky.

"It's no use... All the shops have been raided." She mumbled, looking through various supermarkets.

"We just need to look harder. That's all." A silver hedgehog walked up, resting a hand on the (A/T)'s shoulder.

"Silver, these stores were raided months ago, why would there still be food left?"

"People are still picky, even when the world is ending."

"And you'd know?"

"Yes. I'm very picky." He chuckled at her, before walking into a small corner store.

The (A/T) rolled her eyes with a chuckle, following him into the messy building. There was rubbish strewn all over the floor, the shelves and even the empty freezers. The silver hedgehog was half under a shelf, tail in the air as he searched for food, and the (A/T) couldn't help but blush slightly.

You see... She has a crush on Silver, and she was thankful to still have him by her side in these dark times. It's been hard for both of them, they've both lost friends within the past few months. But what had happened?

"Hey (Y/N), I could use some help." Silver muttered from under the shelf, "I'm stuck..."

"Of course you are.." (Y/N) shook her head with a smile.

Walking over, she grabbed the hedgehog by the waist and pulled him out. However, the force of pulling back sent the two into the shattered door of a freezer and crashing into the old shelves.

"Ow..." The (A/T) groaned, "Man... You're heavy..."

"It's the fluff.." Silver chuckled lightly, before looking down at her, "Why? Am I crushing you?"

She huffed, cheeks turning a light pink, "Maybe..."

He shook his head, before pulling himself out of the freezer and turning to (Y/N), holding a hand out to her. She smiled and took it as he pulled her out.

"So... Did you find anything..?" She asked hopefully.

"Hm... Does this count?" He held up a can of beans, a goofy grin on his face.

"Food!" She smiled and jumped excitedly, "Finally! I was getting sick of eating bugs..."

"I still can't believe you did that..." The other shook his head, "We still had bread you know."

"Yeah, enough bread for you and Tails... I didn't want either of you to starve."

Silver sighed. (Y/N) was one to sacrifice anything to keep her friends safe. It's been hard on all of them, especially when she blames herself for the... 'Deaths' of their friends. The hedgehog thought she was kind, but sometimes it was too kind.

And he was starting to worry about her health. Since the apocalypse, she's scarified more than enough, giving her food to others and even her own safety once to save Sonic from being... Bitten.

She still blames herself for that, however in these challenging times Silver is amazed that she has kept a positive attitude. Yes she blames herself for what happens but it wasn't anyone's fault other than the government.

You see, they created a virus, thinking it would cure all kinds of illnesses and it did. Just not in the way everyone wanted...

A groan came from outside the small shop, causing the two to freeze. Silver was careful to look around while (Y/N) grabbed her (F/W) tightly, her own ears twitching. Suddenly, a dark figure stumbled past the windows to the store, looking around in search of their own food.