Manic X Rebel!Reader (@Thebrokenghoul)

It was another day at Mobius High. Everyone was going to class, talking to their friends, or laughing at the nerd that tripped over his shoelace. The bell rang for class and eventually the grounds were empty, silent even.

Well... Besides two students.

Manic the Hedgehog and (Y/N) the (a/t) were walking over the oval, away from all the classrooms.

"Are you sure about this?" The green hedgehog asked, scratching his muzzle, "I mean, I'm all for pranks but this may be a bit much."

"Oh please... When is a fart prank too much?" The (f/c) (a/t) chuckled, pulling out a small device, "All it will take is the push of this button, then the school will smell like skunk for at the least the rest of the year!"

"That's the thing. I don't want to sit in a skunk smelling classroom..." Manic pinched his nose, "Do you know how bad they smell?"

"Why do you think I'm doing this?" The female glanced at him, before pressing the button. Moments later, the school went up in a green smoke, and the fire alarms went off. The (a/t) fell back in a fit of laughter as everyone ran out of the buildings and towards the oval.

Manic on the other hand, started to back up, "(Y/N)... They're coming this way."

"Well duh, that's what you're meant to do in a fire drill."

"And that's where they will find us here!" He took off, "I don't want to be caught! Come on!"

She watched him go, before the realisation hit. They'd see her and know she was the one behind the gruesome prank. But just before she could run and hide, a teacher grabbed her by the arm.

"(Y/N) (L/N)! To the principle's office now!" The angry maths teacher yelled, dragging her from her freedom.

As the (a/t) glanced back at the direction her friend had escaped, and saw him peeking out behind a tree; his long green quills blending into the green leaves. She pouted, this wasn't the first time she had pulled a prank and got caught, but it was the first time Manic had ditched her.

As the pissed off maths teacher lead her to the head office, (Y/N) was left to wander, her mind trying to think of a reason her best friend would ever leave her like that.

Finally, the (a/t) was pushed into the principle's office, and the cranky maths teacher was gone. Rubbing her arm, (Y/N) looked up at the principle, who stared down at her.

"I must say, I'm at least happy you didn't stink out my office or the first aid room. Taking precautions are you Mrs (L/N)?" He gave a grunt, before motioning her to his desk, "Have a seat."

She nodded and slumped over to the seats. The principle followed suit. A moment of silence passed while the two stared at each other, before the principle let out a sigh.

"You can't keep doing this (Y/N)... I understand why you do it but... It needs to stop, before someone gets hurt..."

"And what if I don't feel like stopping?" The (a/t) asked, leaning back in her chair.

"Then I'll have no choice but to expel you."

This made her sit up, "Expel me? Sir you know you can't do that. I'll have nowhere to go."

"I understand. But this has been going on for too long. And now the school will have to go on lockdown until the smell is gotten rid of. You are costing us a lot of money."

"Yeah will this school has costed a life..." She grumbled.

"You know it wasn't our fault. It was an accident-"

"An accident that got her killed!" The (a/t) spat, before standing up, "Whatever... I hate this place anyway."

"(Y/N) don't leave just yet. If you just spoke to someone-"

"I don't need to speak to anyone..."

"Yes you do..."

"Just expel me... I was passing anyway." The (a/t) stormed out of the room, slamming the principle's door.

He sighed and rubbed his head, before pulling out a yellow file, "What will you do now...?"

As (Y/N) walked out of the room, she could see cars lined up down the street. They must have closed the school early today due to the smell, which soon filled her nose. Rotten skunk smell.

She couldn't help but smirk as she walked out of the school grounds and down the street, getting glares from other students and hearing the mumbled chat they shared. Whatever, it's not like she cared, she wasn't going there anyway.

Not anymore.

"Hey..." She looked up at the sound of Manic's voice. He leant against a tree, hands in his vest pockets, "So how long is your detention this time?"

"I got expelled..." She grumbled, walking past him.

"Expelled?!" His eyes widened, and he grabbed her arm, "(Y/N) I told you it was too much!"

"Like I care.." She pulled from his grip and kept walking, "Besides, it could have been worse. My best friend could have ditched me and get me in more trouble."

He flinched at the tone in her voice, yet followed her as she walked, "I did warn you. You didn't run away fast enough. Besides (Y/N)... I'm the prank master, and even I know you went too far."

"Just leave me alone..." She sighed and kept her head low.

Not sure what to do, Manic stopped and watched her walk away. He didn't know how to help, what had happened was hard to discuss with the (a/t), but she was never like this. Once upon a time (Y/N) actually cared about her schoolwork, her behaviour, but that all vanished after an incident at the school.

It had been a normal day, a good day at that. It was the science festival, everyone had made something spectacular. (Y/N) was there with her younger sister, both had made a volcano, which had meant to erupt coloured sugar.

However, the volcanoes never erupted. Because someone else's science project had started a fire. There was screaming and panic as everyone exited the large sports hall in which this took place, however someone had gotten stuck under a heavy table.

(Y/N) and her sister went to help the other student, and soon enough all three had run to the exit. But, as cliché as it comes, the (a/t)'s sister tripped and got her shirt caught on another project. (Y/N) went to save her but one of the teachers had come in to pull her out.

Now, the bad part was, the school had a weird system in which the doors would close and lock if there was ever a lockdown emergency, and they wouldn't open until police would arrive. Of course, some idiot hit the wrong button and (Y/N)'s sister got locked inside.

Long story short, (Y/N) hasn't been the same since, and Manic has been worried about since that once happy day. They had always been pranksters, but after that incident their pranks became more dangerous and stupid.

So now Manic had no clue what to do, with his best friend walking away from him. His heart pounded in his chest and he looked around.

"What do I do...?"

An idea came to mind and he ran after his friend. Once he reached the (a/t) he grabbed her arm and spun her around. She yelped in surprise and her eyes widened as a pair of peach lips pressed against her own. Her muzzle turned pink and his turned red, before he pulled back.

"U-Uh... Look I'm sorry I just..." He rubbed his head, "I want to talk to you... You know, to help? I just didn't know how so..."

She shushed him, looking down again, "Walk home with me...?"

He smiled and took her hand, "Only if you talk."

She nodded and started walking.

"And uh... Sorry about the kiss... It was the only way to get you to listen..."

"It's fine... I needed it."

I'm sorry ;-; This feels like a shit chapter...