Sonic X Reader X Shadow - @Rainbowgaming06

Boy, were you in a predicament. On the one hand, Sonic had invited you over for a movie and games night, totally just the two of you and a total set up for some sort of date. On the other hand, Shadow had invited you to the movies and then the arcade later, another total set up for some sort of date. And they had both asked you on the same night.

You were torn, on the one hand you would get to hang out with Sonic, the Hero of Mobius, the cheeky goofball you thought was utterly adorable and charming. On the other hand, you get to hand out with Shadow, the anti-hero, the mysterious brood you couldn't help but get flustered over. You just... Couldn't decide.

And here they both were, standing on each side of you, one holding your arm and the other holding your hand. Shadow was glaring at Sonic, squeezing your hand slightly. His red eyes bore into the green ones that stared back in annoyance. Sonic gave a light tug on your arm, as if you coax you into stepping away from Shadow. You were the rope in a game of tug-o-war.

"Come on (Y/N)." Shadow huffed, turning away as if to start walking, "We've got a movie we're going to miss."

"Oh yeah? I got a movie planned to." Sonic said, again tugging on your arm, "It's an early release, thanks to the President. I totally planned this months ago, even got his okay to get the movie early!"

"Well that's your problem for planning so rashly, I booked out the whole theatre out with help from the Commander; I too planned this months ago." Shadow said, glaring at Sonic.

"You should have talked to me about it first then, I made my plans way before you did."

"You don't even know when I made my plans."

"After me."

"No."

"Totally."

You were turning your head between the two, unable to get a word in as they fought over you. This was your dream, and it was one you would never let a single soul know about. Your two crushes were bickering over you, about you, for you. The charming and cheeky hero, and the super sexy badass. You felt like a fangirl whose dream was coming true.

But you shook your head. No, no getting distracted, you had to sort this before fists went flying. Slowly, you moved away from both hedgehogs and gently took a hold of each arm. The hedgehogs stopped growling at each other and snapped to your attention, ears perked to see your decision.

"Look, this is definitely a hard choice. You've both put a lot of effort into this." You said, offering both of them a smile, hoping this wouldn't turn sour, "But Sonic, if you got your movie at home, that means we can watch it whenever. Shadow's movie has a time and a date, I'm assuming he only booked the cinema for tonight."

"Exactly." Shadow smirked, crossing his arms. You had to make sure you didn't swoon.

"Besides, he did technically ask me first." You said, gently patting Sonic's arm, "I'll tell ya what, I can come over tomorrow and we can watch the movie then, alright?"

Sonic glanced at you, his ears lowering. His eyes dropped to the ground and he lost his cheeky grin, "Yeah... I guess so..."

Oh no. Your chest felt tight, your heart wrenched. You didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Especially not Sonic but... Your choice was logical... Right...?

"Hey..." You said, lifting his chin, "I promise we'll have a movie and games night, alright? Literally tomorrow if that makes you feel better."

"But I got Tails to stay with Knuckles tonight..." Sonic sighed, before turning away, "Yeah. Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."

He pulled from your hold and took off, leaving a blue streak behind him. You watched sadly, feeling bad for upsetting the blue hero. He really was hurt. Shadow only huffed, before taking your hand and walking the other way,