Infinite X Reader (Alternate Ending) - @GloryTheHybris11101

A/N: For context, please go read my Infinite X Reader!

Warning: GORE AND SPOILERS FOR THE INFINITE X READER à This is an Alternate Ending after all, so basically the opposite of what goes down in the original (the start of this request will be the same as the start of the final chapter of the other book -is that cheating? oh well-, so if you are interested and don't want anything spoiled, go there first)

Also it's gonna be long af, so enjoy!

The day was finally here. Today, Infinite and Eggman were going to unleash their master plan and wipe out the entire Resistance. Today, they would win the war. Today, Infinite will become a step closer to having (Y/N) in his arms once again.

The jackal was getting ready, cleaning his mask and checking over the Phantom Ruby in his chest. All seemed good, set up perfectly. He was ready for the attack, and he was ready for the torment of his clan's death to be over. Finally, he'll be able to rest after this. He'll be able to rest knowing he got his revenge and fulfilled the promise he made to (Y/N).

Finally, it was time to go. He looked around the empty room, thinking about his teammates and wondering if they really were watching over him all this time, and grateful if they had. The feeling of them being there had kept him sane. The jackal smiled slightly, before sliding the mask over his head, the cool metal rubbing against his fur.

Letting out a sigh, Infinite left the room and walked to Eggman's main laboratory. There, the human was getting his things together, giving another ruby one final test. Once he was done, he smirked and destroyed it. Finally, the prototype was complete. Infinite's current gem was the best choice they had made out of the whole bunch.

The mad scientist turned to his furry friend, the evil smirk still plastered on his face,

"Shall we go then?" He asked.

"Of course." Infinite nodded, "I'm ready when you are doctor."

"Excellent..."

~LATER~

Infinite and Eggman were hovering over a large city of ruins. The buildings around them had been destroyed, some had collapsed on their own due to the damage they received. Infinite's handywork was for show, and this was destined to give them the one up as they faced their enemy. The jackal couldn't help but feel proud of the mess, seeing the destruction now as they unleashed their plan... It was perfect.

The Resistance was below them, most of them standing still and glaring up at the two villains as Sonic walked forward to say his bit. Infinite couldn't care to listen; it would most likely be some sort of heroic speech about how they plan to win. It was futile, and the jackal knew this; though it was still entertaining seeing everyone filled with hope, hope that will soon be ripped away.

It only took seconds after the blue idiot's speech, and the Resistance had been overrun with clones. Clones of Shadow, Metal Sonic, Chaos and Zavok fought the good guys, the emotionless shells relentless in their attacks.

"Aha! It's working!" Eggman said, a smile spread under his moustache, "Everything is going according to plan! The Resistance won't stand a chance."

"I agree, their resistance is... Amusing at the least." Infinite nodded, watching the battle below.

"Yes, and once this is over, the world can finally be rebuilt. Your team didn't die in vain." Eggman stated, his tone changing slightly as he spoke of Infinite's fallen comrades.

"Exactly, and it will be all the more perfect once I have (Y/N) by my side again." The jackal said, crossing his arms.

Eggman went silent, clearly choosing not to comment on his statement. His evil smile fell, and he turned his attention back to the carnage below. Infinite stared at him for a moment, wondering why the doctor suddenly stopped talking. The more they had talked about Infinite's family, the more Eggman's emotions had changed. He didn't agree or disagree with his ally. In fact, he seemed rather indifferent about it.