Espio X Shy!Reader - @CadetMicahLynn

It was a bright sunny day, the Chaotix were currently lazing about in their small HQ, work was slow for them this week. Charmy was currently scribbling on some paper with a pen he had stolen from Vector's desk, complaining about how boring the way was.

"Why can't we go looking for work Vector?" The little bee finally asked, turning his orange gaze up the the green crocodile.

"Because Charmy." Vector crossed his arms, "We can't look desperate. The right people will come through the door with lots of money to share."

Charmy thought about it for a while, before finally going back to his drawing, "Okay..."

Vector let out a sigh, turning his attention to an empty corner of the room, "Espio are you meditating again?"

There was no response and the crocodile snickered, before grabbing a piece of paper from the desk and scrunching it into a ball. It flew across the room and hit nothing, simply bouncing in the air and to the floor. A moment later there was a thud and a purple chameleon came into view.

"Yes..." He huffed, rubbing his horned nose, "I was..."

Charmy laughed at the purple ninja, "You fell!"

Espio only sighed, before standing and stretching. He then picked up a book and walked to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Vector asked, lifting his feet onto his desk, watching his companion suspiciously.

"It's a quiet day, I'm just going outside to read." The chameleon stated, walking outside, "I'll come inside if there is any work."

"Bye bye!" Charmy waved.

The purple chameleon shook his head and closed the door, sitting on a bench outside the building. There wasn't much surrounding the home/HQ, just shrubbery and a few trees. You could almost call the area the country side, if there wasn't a pathway that lead to a park only 10 minutes away.

Either way, it was quiet, as Espio had stated, and he settled into the chair. The book he had was finally getting good, and since Vector and Charmy were bored, they were both destined to bother him.

Not that he didn't mind, but sometimes it cut thinly through his nerves. Especially when he was trying to focus. But finally, the ninja had been pulled back into the novel, oblivious to the (a/t) that slowly headed towards his home.

The (a/t) was covered in (f/c) fur and had bright (e/c) eyes that were somewhat hidden by a (h/c) fringe. She looked over the building multiple times as she shuffled closer, was this the right place? What if it wasn't? She'd be lost if this was the wrong address.

As she neared the front door, she saw a purple chameleon sitting out the front, nose deep in a book. The (a/t) took a deep breath and headed over to him, how should she get his attention? He must be really interested in the book if he hasn't noticed her yet, would it be rude to interrupt him?

The (a/t) knew what it was like to be interrupted while reading, she didn't want to annoy a possible lead. But what choice did she have?

"E... Excuse me..." She mumbled quietly, lowering her head, "I was... Wondering if..."

She stopped, feeling a gaze on her. The (a/t) lifted her head to see the chameleon watching her. He seemed confused, unaware that she was there.

"O-Oh..." She stepped back, "I'm..."

"Are you here for the Chaotix?" He asked, not missing a beat.

She nodded slowly, a small smile in relief. She wouldn't have to explain too much. The chameleon let out a sigh, closing the book and tucking it under his arm as he stood.