Infinite X Reader (Behind the Scenes) Part 2

HIYAAAAAA AM BAAAAACK

So I finally got back to writing last night, and I'm feeling good about it! I have 5 more one-shots left, and then I'll be on a hiatus until I'm ready for next year! I'll talk more about it later on, but for now I'll say that I have a LOT planned for next year with writing, university and hopefully work as well.

Anyway I won't keep you long, so for now enjoy the chapter! I know I enjoyed writing it! :)

Since that fight with the (a/t), Infinite had done nothing but train. It had been non-stop, only taking breaks to feed himself, maybe rest, the usual important breaks. On the days he didn't train, he would wreak havoc on the city, but since that day, since the day the (a/t) had defeated him, the Resistance's recruit numbers had rocketed.

The black jackal blames himself, had his guard not been lowered, had he not underestimated the (a/t), he wouldn't have lost in front of that crowd, they wouldn't think he's an easy target. On the days where he was in the city, he made sure to remind any living creature that crossed his path that he was a force to be reckoned with.

However, his mind was on other things, mainly focused on the girl. The (f/c) (a/t) had improved and Infinite took that as his cue to do the same thing. If he was going to go up against his proclaimed rival, then he was going to prepare for it just as she had.

The dummy in front of him exploded as he threw a flaming barrel at it, and the jackal stopped to catch his breath. Using the cloth the (a/t) had given him after that fight to wipe his sweat from his face, he stared at the destruction. The evil mercenary had definitely improved, and a smirk spread over his muzzle.

And then his heterochronic eyes moved to the cloth in his hand. Would this be enough to stand up against the (a/t)? She was no doubt training as hard as he was, right? If she wasn't, then their next battle was going to be over far too easily.

He let out a sigh, tucking the dirty cloth into his gloved hand. The jackal wasn't even sure why he had kept such an item, an item covered in his own blood. He told himself it was like a trophy from the battle, even if he didn't win. It was a reminder to him, to grow stronger, to win this war.

Even still, he couldn't get her off his mind. Infinite was determined to beat her next time. The cloth, whether he sees it as a trophy or a reminder, was motivation to him. He was going to use this motivation to fuel him, it was one of the only things he could focus on anymore.

"Infinite!" A voice cut through the air, causing the jackal to tense up. Doctor Eggman was calling him, and it sounded urgent.

Turning his gaze to the camera in the corner of the room, the jackal gave a nod, before making his way through the large base he and his ally Dr. Eggman had built. When he reached the main office, the jackal's eyes snapped to the screen, a blur of familiar colours zoomed across the screen.

"The Resistance is attacking!" Eggman yelled, already typing out commands for his robots, "They must have got wind that Sonic is alive, they're going to try and save him. Do something!"

Infinite nodded, "Yes sir."

Though he watched the screen a moment longer, and he felt his heart jump in his chest. The (a/t) was there, swinging through the base, destroying robots with her electric whip. His determination grew and he took off out of the room, flying through the corridors. Seeing who was now here, he was more than eager to jump into the action.

"I must show her that you do not apologise to your foes." He insists to himself.

The jackal flew through a large door, opening out into a huge cargo room. Conveyor belts and large boxes of machinery moved slowly, and the dark mercenary keep his eyes trained for anything that stood out. His ears twitched below his mask to the sound of battle across the room and he hurried over. To his disappointment he found a red echidna and silver hedgehog fighting a herd of robots, the two leaders of the Resistance.