Shadow X Reader (Love Hates) - @SupGuysItsKitKat

"I never said I loved you, you know." A (f/c) (a/t) stated, crossing her arms, "In fact I don't recall ever mentioning my feelings to you."

"Feelings mutual." A dark hedgehog grunted, he turned his attention away from the (a/t) and continued on cooking.

"Oh really? So you hate me then?" The (a/t) tilted her head, a smirk appeared on her muzzle, "Because that's how I feel for you."

The hedgehog let out a sigh, before nodding, "So be it."

"Great! Then I'll have spaghetti please."

The two Mobians had been living together for about a year, and it was always the same thing. The two denied any feelings for each other, in fact they claimed to hate the other; sometimes saying they loathed the other entirely.

It was a strange relationship, their friends weren't entirely sure what was going on with the two, were they together, in denial, or did they really hate each other? It was always those three questions everyone asked.

Although the final answer was simple. They did love each other, they both just hated admitting it, and agreed to keep things on the low for the time being.

Which meant they would argue just for the fun of it, and joke about hating the other.

"You know, you could lighten up a little on the 'I hate you'." The hedgehog eventually said, plating up their dinner. He walked over and handed the girl her food, before sitting down.

"Do my ears deceive me?" The (a/t) asked, watching him with mock disbelief, "Does Shadow the Hedgehog not like the arguing anymore?"

"That's not it." He grumbling, before shoveling his mouth with spaghetti.

"Sure it's not." The (a/t) winked, before she too ate her dinner.

But that one comment seemed to float around the air, which started to grow thick with a sort of awkwardness. The two ate in silence, normally a comment about cooking would be made, but the (a/t) was suddenly conscious about what she should say.

Shadow, on the other hand, was watching the (a/t) intently. He was lost in a daze as he stared at her, taking in her (h/c) hair and bright (e/c) eyes. Something seemed to swell in his chest, although he noted the feeling was definitely a positive one.

They had been playing this 'I hate you' game for a little over two years now, and it was starting to drain the hedgehog. Many times, he had caught himself from turning around and correcting his statement, not wanting to be the first to break the cycle.

It was his own challenge, he didn't want to be the first to admit his feelings because, well, he's Shadow the hedgehog. Plus, he thought it would be cute if the (a/t) in front of him said it first. He could imagine her muzzle turning a deep red as she stuttered out the words, before hiding her face in embarrassment.

He let out a chuckle.

"What?" The (a/t) asked, nearly jumping in her seat. She too had lost herself to thought.

"Nothing, just imagining what it would be like to actually fight you." The hedgehog stated, shrugging off the real reason. He would not be the first to admit his feelings.

"Right..." The (a/t) stated, raising a brow, "And yet you want to tone it down on the 'I hate you'?"

"I'm a complex man." The hedgehog shrugged again, "If you're really that scared about it, I won't stop you."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means little (Y/N) is just a tad too afraid of her emotions." Shadow said, watching the (a/t). This was definitely a new approach; one he had never done before. Teasing (Y/N) into admitting her feelings seemed rather cruel but... He was starting to get sick of hearing her tell him she hated him.